Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: really need help on ms-2 wiring blacktop
ozzy69

posted on 13/11/13 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
really need help on ms-2 wiring blacktop

Hello folks i have a problem wiring my ms on my blacktop,my mate a sparky has been wiring the ms-2v3 and we used the generic external wiring diagram only to find out that on pins 7 to 11 on my ecu are the 5 black earths and on the gen diagram the earths are pins 15 to 19 and the back and white wire on pin 7 is on pin 17 now have have instructions telling me that the ecu has been modded for the blacktop using pin ten for spark out put b but pin ten is one of the five earths and the sparky had tested all five and said connectivity inverted together with ecu connected. Should i have got a diffrent wiring diagram for the mods they have made to the pin out or are these mods all the same for the blacktop setup? PLEASE LET SOME ON HEAR NO WHAT I AM GOING ON ABOUT haha and help
big-vee-twin

posted on 13/11/13 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look at the msextra.com web site think you will find what your after.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

ozzy69

posted on 13/11/13 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Will ms site still apply as the ecu was build by diyautotune ready made for the zetec? sorry if i sound like an idiot but wiring is not my stronghold haha
big-vee-twin

posted on 13/11/13 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
They could have used pin 10 to see if its earthed check between the can of the ms and pin 10 with an ohmmeter all the pins that are earthed will be connected to the can.

You should perhasps speak to them they a very helpful there are a few pins that can be used for the mod.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

ozzy69

posted on 13/11/13 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
My mate checked all the earths with an ohmmeter and he said they where all continuity inverted i think thats what he said.he did check encase pin 10 was different from the other 4 earths,can you call them or does it have to be through email?
ozzy69

posted on 13/11/13 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
sorry continuity ----teved together when ecu plugged in i have a note but his writing is very small
ozzy69

posted on 13/11/13 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big-vee-twin
They could have used pin 10 to see if its earthed check between the can of the ms and pin 10 with an ohmmeter all the pins that are earthed will be connected to the can.

You should perhasps speak to them they a very helpful there are a few pins that can be used for the mod.
Ok just got you away to check just now thanks

ashg

posted on 14/11/13 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
go and ask on the msextra.com forum but read the manuals first otherwise thats what you will get told to do. diy autotune are heavily involved with msextra.com matt cramer on the msextra forum works for diy auto tune and is a very helpful guy.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

ozzy69

posted on 14/11/13 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
Right left a message this morning and my post never got put up and left another after my work still nothing on msextra forum
i need help asap and i am wishing i had never seen this ###### megasquirt as i need my car running.has no one on hear just bought a ready made ms-2 to fit a blacktop running gsxr1000 bodies? its only three wires i am having problems with but this is the info i got with the ecu- MegaSquirt-II PCB v3.57 (SMT) Engine Management System w/black case. Modify MegaSquirt-II V3.57 for dual Bosch BIP373 coil drivers. Bring outputs out on pin 36 for spark output A and pin 10 of the DB15 for spark output B. Spark Output must be set to Going High / Inverted before connecting any coils. Jumper for VR swnsor input. JimStim v1.5 Assembled Unit 'JimStim' Stimulator with Wheel Simulator version 1.5. 8 foot DIY Msharness. 6Ft DB( Male/Female STRAIGHT THRU. I have even been trying to call diyautotune but been in a cue for neer 30 mins

ozzy69

posted on 14/11/13 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
All is good i have been talking to diyautotune through there email and they are very helpful now i can stop crying lol thanks for the help from you lads it much appreciated
baz-R

posted on 15/11/13 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
you could have opened the case and just looked at what pin 10 was conected to.
i suspect there would have been an extra bip373 transistor to drive the spark output at the top with the others and a link wires

ozzy69

posted on 15/11/13 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
No where i went wrong was that it told me to yous pin ten on db15 for spark output b and i never new that it was the plug on the front of the ecu was called db15 and i had thought it was telling me to use pin ten on the main plug but it turns out that pins 17-19 are all earths.I am slowly learning and will get there haha The only thing i am not sure of now is is it safe to start the car after everything is wired up and as this ecu had been build to suit this car will it already have a basic map for the blacktop or do you have to start from scratch?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.