Board logo

Interior panel
JeffJeffers - 29/10/10 at 11:03 PM

I thought I would try fitting my interior panels
tonight and I think it is to small!
Interior panel fitment
Interior panel fitment

Shouldn't the panel overlap the side of the chassis so I can rivet it? This is as MK supplied it.

James - 29/10/10 at 11:05 PM

Plenty of other rails you can rivet to!

Top and middle and diagonal rails are all useable... unless the MK chassis has *really* changed!!!

Cheers,
James

austin man - 29/10/10 at 11:21 PM

Thats how they come you rivet to the box sections to the rear it is strong enough

Toprivetguns - 30/10/10 at 07:16 AM

I wouldn't worry too much. Your seat will cover that part of the car, however you can always fabricate another piece to cover the frame and run it down the length of the drivers side interior.

jimmyd - 30/10/10 at 07:32 AM

Jeff,

What material is that you are using?

J

quote:
Originally posted by JeffJeffers
I thought I would try fitting my interior panels
tonight and I think it is to small!
Interior panel fitment
Interior panel fitment

Shouldn't the panel overlap the side of the chassis so I can rivet it? This is as MK supplied it.

ReMan - 30/10/10 at 07:46 AM

That's MK's own special exclusive interior panels only for MK's

matt_gsxr - 30/10/10 at 08:38 AM

Is that covered in something? Interesting.

For my panels I got a 'complete' set from the supplier (STM), but most were a dubious fit. Panels were laser cut, but chassis wasn't and so some panels were a poor fit.

So I got a sheet of appropriate aluminium and re-made the ones that were too bad. Time consuming but incredibly satisfying (for me). Not sure where I would be able to buy covered sheet from though.

Matt

austin man - 30/10/10 at 08:47 AM

the MK panel is plastic with a dimpled effect on the side you see and shiny smooth on the other side. Looks neat when fitted

JeffJeffers - 30/10/10 at 06:24 PM

Thanks for the advise. The panels are from MK and kind of cut to size but do need some triming.
I just wasn't sure how good it would look because you can see daylight along the outside edge.

interestedparty - 30/10/10 at 07:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jimmyd
Jeff,

What material is that you are using?

That'll be pinseal ABS, almost certainly 2mm thick, you can cut it by scoring with a Stanley knife then bending along the score line.