Board logo

Best place to get harnesses?
leemarkadams - 8/9/09 at 06:54 PM

Hello all, looking to re-do the interior of my car at some stage and one of the things I want to do is change my harnesses. The ones I have are 4 point, but have the shoulder straps fixed to the waist strap and it is a pain to get in and out of! So, where is the best place to get 4 point harnesses that all 4 points can be undone, to aid getting in and out?

Thanks

Lee

stevebubs - 8/9/09 at 06:56 PM

I like my Luke ones...

pewe - 8/9/09 at 06:59 PM

When I up-grade mine to wider ones I'm going for pull-up lap straps.
IIRC Securon in Amersham can do those to special order.
Cheers, Pewe

Duncan Mould - 8/9/09 at 08:28 PM

Willans Harness are nice I have those in mine, go for the 3" wide ones as they dont cut in and have a neat aviation style turn buckle in the middle. They can also take another point if you want a crotch strap for racing or track days and com in a lovely blue colour.
Stockbridge racing make them and although they are not cheap they are bloody comfy.

irvined - 8/9/09 at 09:26 PM

In the seven I have sabelt 4 points, the adjustment can be a bit fiddly around the waist as you tighten by pulling away from you. I'm a tight squeeze in the car so its awkward getting them really tight without removing them and rebuckling them.

However they are 3", very comfortable and were a reasonable price. They are also handed so as not to scratch the side of your car with the buckle.

In the fury I went for Scroth Profi II harness which have adjusters that can be set to pull or push to tighten, also have a nice buckle, and are very comfortable.

The Sabelt ones i bought at stoneleigh direct from Sabelt, and the scroth harnesses I got from MSAR Safety who were very friendly on the phone.

coozer - 8/9/09 at 09:31 PM

TRS ones in mine from Jam.

Adjusting the waist is a bit fiddly but once its right just moving the seat back a notch loosens them off.

RK - 9/9/09 at 01:05 AM

I second the Willans Harnesses, by Stockbridge Racing in - wait for it - Stockbridge! They make them for everyone you have ever heard of in racing and aren't that far from you. Excellent service (while you wait if you want) but not cheap!