Board logo

Interior mirror what type to buy
givemethebighammer - 22/12/03 at 10:36 PM

looking at an interior mirror on Europa site. Confused as to which version to buy.

Convex or flat glass ?

fixed or swivel base ?

What did anyone else go for ?

see attached photo

thanks

[Edited on 22/12/03 by givemethebighammer]

JoelP - 22/12/03 at 11:56 PM

i would go for the convex swivel one, provided they are allowed. This should allow a wide field of view, plus adjustability to see any markers.

Brooky - 23/12/03 at 09:18 PM

Halfords have a nifty dash monted sticky taped on kind of mirror for under a tenner.
It is convex for wide field of view and moveable for fine adjustments. And only a tenner ! or did I say that already ?

givemethebighammer - 23/12/03 at 10:08 PM

thanks guys

Not so sure about the stick on mirror though. No windscreen.. it's going to fall off !!!! or fly off whilst driving at high speed.

Jasper - 28/12/03 at 02:23 PM

I bought one of these - but had a long - 4"- stem with it. I bought CF, but the black plastic would be fine. I wouldn't bother with convex - as it is the field of vision is straight through the two high back seats - if it was convex then I'd be looking at myself (not a good idea).

You can see it on my avatar.

Great mirror - I don't bother much with the wing mirrors its so good:

http://www.spa-direct.co.uk/mirrors/centrepostseries.htm

[Edited on 28/12/03 by Jasper] Rescued attachment mirror6b.jpg
Rescued attachment mirror6b.jpg

David Jenkins - 28/12/03 at 03:05 PM

Ai Caramba!

£75 - £125 for one mirror! Plus all the trimmings, I presume (VAT + P&P)?

Methinks I'll not bother...

David

Jasper - 28/12/03 at 07:42 PM

Not cheap - but then I didn't have to buy a windscreen etc etc, and it does look sooooo nice :

givemethebighammer - 28/12/03 at 09:23 PM

Does look nice Jasper, £70+ for a mirror is steep but like you say I have no intention of buying a windscreen.

thanks

Brooky - 2/1/04 at 12:41 PM

quote:

No windscreen.. it's going to fall off !!!! or fly off whilst driving at high speed

I have no windscreen and the thing manages to stay on fine. I will take a piccy next time i am near the garage and post it up.

I have posted 3 piccys of the mirror in my photo archive.

[Edited on 2/1/04 by Brooky]

Jasper - 2/1/04 at 05:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by givemethebighammer
Does look nice Jasper, £70+ for a mirror is steep but like you say I have no intention of buying a windscreen.

£70 would have been steep - the carbon fibre one I went for was LOTS more!

paulbeyer - 2/1/04 at 08:25 PM

Ok lads next time we have a get together you keep Jasper occupied whilst I unbolt his mirror.