Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Probably one for Peteff
Mark Allanson

posted on 12/9/04 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Probably one for Peteff

I have just made my dash, just the basic ply board at the moment, but fully raduised and waiting for my sierra clocks to be fitted. I suppose you just chop off the angles front section of the pod and attach a piece of perspex to it and fix it to the back of the dash.

Sounds simple, any tips from those that have done it? I know Pete has Rescued attachment Dash1.JPG
Rescued attachment Dash1.JPG

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Peteff

posted on 12/9/04 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I hacksawed the front off the clocks. I cut the aperture in the dash and fitted perspex in it then screwed the clocks to the back of the plywood. I've seen it done with two round holes for the speedo and rev counter and it looks quite effective.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Mark Allanson

posted on 12/9/04 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
I think I will keep it simple for now, there is very little gap between the 3 sections of the pod on the sierra.

What did you do with the trip reset? I want to keep mine watertight which means losing that facility, or does it?

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Peteff

posted on 13/9/04 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
I left mine sticking out through a hole in the perspex.but I suppose you could put a cover over it like the rubber thing on an eyedropper or something similar. It's not going to get that much water through it though unless you aim it directly at it, it's only about 5mm across and the button fills most of that. Put a beeper on for the indicators as the warning light is not that bright in strong sun.

[Edited on 13/9/04 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Rob Lane

posted on 27/9/04 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
Can you still select gears, lever looks close to panel.

I originally used the perspex binnacle idea and just fastened it with self tappers with it just behine fascia. Then again, this was just for SVA, after that I changed it. It was on for a month or so without problem, however no rain to test it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.