Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Alcantara (or equivelant)
shortie

posted on 20/9/04 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Alcantara (or equivelant)

Anyone know where online I can buy some alcantara (or equivelant) online.

ta,
Rich.

jimgiblett

posted on 20/9/04 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
I think Woolies do it

here

Cheers

Jim

zetec

posted on 20/9/04 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Woolies do it, they sent me a sample. There is a UK importer who is Boyriven Ltd, The Fairground, Weyhill, Andover, Hampshire, SP11 0ST
Tel: 01264 771414, Fax: 01264 771444, E-Mail: info@boyriven.co.uk

Woolies sample seemed very durable. Tried soaking it under the tap and water just runs off, tried rubbing the water in and it just wipes off. It's used on boats so must be good. Woolies are about £25 a metre (59" wide?) Real stuff is £55+ a metre but does come in lots of colours, Woolies do 4 colours I think.

turbo time

posted on 27/9/04 at 01:07 AM Reply With Quote
Hey,

FYI...
I had a look at some things. Over here, Alcantra is hard to come by, and is very expensive ($120+ /yard). I intended to cover my dash in the stuff, so I tried to find an alternative. Apparently there is another product called "Ultra Suede" which can be found in pretty much every fabric shop for $20/yard, meant for furniture, and is actually owned and produced by the Alcantra company. They both have the same durability, feel, texture, flexibility, etc...
The difference is the Alacantra can sit in the sun/ UV rays all year long and be fine, but the "Ultra Suede" fades in a few weeks.
Just thought I'd let you know so that nobody buys the Ultra Suede and suffers the fading right away. (unless it's in white or for a piece that won't be exposed to the sun I suppouse)

I also found this stuff, which is suppoused to be automotive grade and is somewhat cheap at $40/ yard, (probably works out to about the same price as the woolies version though):
http://www.getti.us/suede.html

[Edited on 27/9/04 by turbo time]

stu205

posted on 27/9/04 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
its rearly dear!!!!! i looked into it for my Pug theres a company (name escapes me but ill post it as soon as i remember!) that import it from italy they do all the different types (foam backed etc) ill have a look for there catalogue

stu205

posted on 27/9/04 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.boyriven.co.uk/alcantara.htm

knew i had it somewhere

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.