Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: pedal box
wheelsinsteadofhooves

posted on 30/9/04 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
pedal box

hi,
has anyone anything to say on the subject of pedal boxes for a locost? how about the ones by luego or car builder solutions? any other options? think would prefer floor mounted "sports" box but pricy option, unless anyone knows better.

thanks for any input

GasGasGas

posted on 30/9/04 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
floor mounted "sports" box pricy option

Try Darren @ GTS he does a weld in pedal set for a Locost cheaply
locoboy

posted on 30/9/04 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
if you can find it on his website your a better man than me.

GTS LINK

ATB
Locoboy

JoelP

posted on 30/9/04 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
mine are nothing special, but i built them from scrap in a few hours. 3mm strip bent to make brackets, and inch square tube for the actual pedals. 19mm round to hold the clutch and throttle cables, and a cut up servo mechanism to link the brake up. Cost nothing and has worked well when braking in anger (in my driveway, officer!)

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

robinbastd

posted on 30/9/04 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Col,
Halfway down the chassis page on GTS website.
Ian

Only a dead fish swims with the tide.

http://smuttygifts.com/

wheelsinsteadofhooves

posted on 1/10/04 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
cool, gts setup seems decent value on first impression. anyone used one? also is gts still going strong, heard someone with similar name having difficulties but may be way off. sorry to anyone if i am.

quite like the idea of building my own.....

Mave

posted on 1/10/04 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Build them yourself! It's really easy (well, if you can weld). Look at mine (inspired by the Ultima pedals, and GTS aswell)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
derf

posted on 1/10/04 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Mave that is probably the coolest pedal design I've ever seen, real adjustable pedals. My only though on their design is that moving the pedal in or out, wouldnt thatchange the pedal height, when it is out or pressed in, some where along

I'm also assuming that you lock the pedal in position with nuts.

Mave

posted on 2/10/04 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
That change in length is so small; you won't notice.
Oh, and yes; they will be locked by some bolts....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeP

posted on 2/10/04 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mave, not to be critical - I really like your pedals, especially your adjustable height pedal pads.

Fred Puhn, in his "Brake Handbook" says: "A good pedal design will not have welds completely across the arms, particularly at the pivots." (pg66). He's concerned about stress risers at the critcal parts of the arm.

Anyone that's planning to copy your work should keep in mind that their welding must be very, very good on the brake pedal.

A alternate approach for a simlar design could attach the pivot tubes going only partially through the arm tube. The weld goes around that tube instead of across the arm, and the bits are arranged so that the joined parts are is under compression during braking. He's got some pictures of pedals like that on pg 67.

type 907

posted on 2/10/04 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
Or like this !

There not quite finished yet, I'v still got to drill loads of holes in them. (Tee Hee)

I'v sorted the testing of them. My mate is going to sit in the pasinger seat,
and we'll scream down "Kettle Hill" (local landmark), and test them 20m from the 90 deg left at the bottom.

Paul G Rescued attachment peds 007s.jpg
Rescued attachment peds 007s.jpg

Too much is just enough

andylancaster3000

posted on 7/10/04 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Pedals...

Floor mounted or hanging???
PioneerX

posted on 19/10/04 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
Floor mounted, definatly. I have the GTS set (from when they just started selling them and I'm very happy, they have a great look and feel about them. I have looked through my rather extencive set of photos for my build and cant find one of the pedals in the car. If I get time I will take one and post it.
phelpsa

posted on 20/10/04 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
We're making a top mount pedal box, one for go, one for stop!! No clutch pedal as that will be mounted on the gear stick. We thought it would be easier as we would not have to cut huge holes in a 3mm steeld bulk head.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.