Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: been quoted £180 for a tonneau cover - good price bad price?
john_p_b

posted on 1/7/10 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
been quoted £180 for a tonneau cover - good price bad price?

as per title really, just been to a place around the corner from where i work with my indy for them to measure up for a tonneau cover. they quoted £180 for a custom made to the car cover, reckons a day and a half labour, going to put a zip up the middle so i can just take drivers side off etc.

your thoughts on the price please? i personally was expecting a lot worse!

[Edited on 1/7/10 by john_p_b]

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

gingerprince

posted on 1/7/10 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
Doesn't sound bad to me since they'll have to make indents etc for seat-backs, steering wheel etc.
MikeLR

posted on 1/7/10 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Milson on the Tiger forum made me one with two zips for £90 a couple of years ago.
t16turbotone

posted on 1/7/10 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
another vote here for Milson..
john_p_b

posted on 1/7/10 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
tried to contact milson months ago and had no replies so figured he's not interested.

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

dhutch

posted on 1/7/10 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
Ive just paid £70 for alterations to mine to add seat pockets and two keyhole for the rear rollbar stays. Wasnt even that tidy a job.

Daniel

welderman

posted on 1/7/10 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Milson for me, £ 110.00 posted Rescued attachment car cover.jpg
Rescued attachment car cover.jpg

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 1/7/10 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Its a good price if they use the correct material.

john_p_b

posted on 1/7/10 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
they're using the same stuff he was using today to make a roof for some funny little nissan micra cabriolet!

obviously i'm not expecting something moonsoon proof but i want something that means i don't have to worry about the car being caught out in a little shower or i don't need to worry about taking every last little thing out the car when i park it up.

it seems quite involved really, making it so it goes over my aero screen, slotting it for mirrors, making pockets so it goes over my seats, supplying all fasteners and fitting it all.

i decided i was happy enough with the price after ringing another place and they quoted almost twice the price! car is booked in with them for the 13th

bi22le

posted on 1/7/10 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
I have recently had mine fitted (2 weeks ago).

I measured for it myself with plactic that Milson gave me. I bagged it up and sent it to him. He then sent the cover back to me with fasteners as I wanted it. £110 all in.

I think that was quite steap considering I measured and fitted it all myself (no risk to him). I also work with the same material and could of got it done cheaper through work. I didnt becasue work is very busy and Milson is a nice LCB, why not give hime some beer money!

It was a good service overall and a great product. It was just one sheet, no zip. Milson does not use this site as much as he once did. He makes the covers all of the time so would like the business. Ill U2U his number to you. Contact him, he wont mind. Well thats if you want to!!

HTH

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.