big-vee-twin

posted on 17/1/13 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Intatrim Seats Arrived

Got home from work today and these beautiful things were waiting for me

Intatrim Odyssey Seat

[img] Intarim Seats
Intarim Seats
[/img

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

marco

posted on 17/1/13 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
I hope you have better luck then i had with them. The shells inside broke and on further inspection lets just say i would never want to have an accident whilst sat in one..

These were mine.

[Edited on 17/1/13 by marco]

theduck

posted on 17/1/13 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Great looking seats, how much? Although above post is concerning.
loggyboy

posted on 17/1/13 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marco
I hope you have better luck then i had with them. The shells inside broke and on further inspection lets just say i would never want to have an accident whilst sat in one..

Seats do very little in an accident, when seatbelts arent connected to them anyway.

Mistral Motorsport

RichardK

posted on 18/1/13 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

These were mine.

Are those the ones you sold me?

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RichardK

posted on 18/1/13 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big-vee-twin
Got home from work today and these beautiful things were waiting for me

Intatrim Odyssey Seat

[img] Intarim Seats
Intarim Seats
[/img

Very nice mate!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mookaloid

posted on 18/1/13 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
quote:

These were mine.

Are those the ones you sold me?

ooops! someone might have some explaining to do

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

andylancaster3000

posted on 18/1/13 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:

Seats do very little in an accident, when seatbelts arent connected to them anyway.

Common misconception I'm afraid - If your seat breaks in an accident you won't be held in-place by the seat belts particularly well!

T66

posted on 18/1/13 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
And if your car stops from 100mph into a tree, you die anyway. I did try and squeeze Kirkeys into my car, much much safer than the Intatrims I now have fitted.

Yes agreed, they are thin shells, but no worse than any other of the composite seats Ive looked at, all of which are capable of being ripped off their mounts in a collision. Mine will have decent size plates inside to spread the loads out. They will never be anywhere near as strong as a Kirkey.

I have seen more people ejected from their cars through windscreens & side windows, while wearing belts than I have seen broken seat mounts being the cause. Its all relative as far as I am concerned. The Intatrims are what they are, lightweight and small , Kirkeys are at the other en of the scale.

big-vee-twin

posted on 18/1/13 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Well all I can say is that I like them the upholstering work is outstanding.

Didn't expect the negative comments though, quite upsetting when you just taken delivery. I shall take it with a pinch of salt won't be loosing any sleep over it

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

scudderfish

posted on 18/1/13 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
If the belts are mounted on the chassis/rollbar and not the seat, what does the seat offer in an accident?
andylancaster3000

posted on 18/1/13 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
What happens if any part of the accident isn't straight ahead? Some of your force of slowing your body down is reacted by the seat. In a rear impact for example the belts will probably do naff all!!

I admit, in something like a 7 or a single seater where you are almost directly strapped to a bulkhead its a little less critical but I still wouldn't like one giving under me!

RichardK

posted on 19/1/13 at 04:27 AM Reply With Quote
Bump

fullpint

posted on 27/1/13 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
I think they look awesome mate. Love the colour. Only negative is; They would look far better in my yellow Mk Indy
theduck

posted on 27/1/13 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Think I am going to have to invest in some of these, though the price makes me wince, they will be by far the most expensive purchase for my kit!
Talkiet

posted on 17/2/13 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
I ummed and Ahhed a lot before responding to this, but it's a safety issue so I am posting.

I got a pair of the Intatrim Odyssey II seats and the first set I got were so asymmetric that Intatrim did agree to send me another set. The second set weren't perfect either but I put them in the car.

On the second track day with them, I was cornering hard around a left hand sweeper and CRAACK! The drivers side seat broke at the outside fulcrum.

I ended up having the seat stripped here and a lot of strengthening put in and then recovered at not insignificant cost and I am still using them now (although the drivers seat is MUCH stronger than stock).

I should note that Intatrim acted with integrity and excellent graces throughout the issues with both pairs of seats, and I was not left out of pocket. I think this is probably an isolated issue with the design of the Odyssey seats. If the seats are mounted at the bottom AND up the back of the seat to the rear bulkhead I don't think there would be a problem - but I don't believe they are safe if only mounted through the base of the seat.

Cheers - N

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.