Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fibreglass seats?
Half Finished

posted on 11/4/21 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Fibreglass seats?

Any recommendations for fibreglass seats for a Haynes roadster? It's mx5 based so the tunnel is slightly wider at the back.
There are various suppliers on eBay and MK sell a few variations. Or does anyone have a set they want to sell?

Mr Whippy

posted on 11/4/21 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
I have the MK highback ones. They are extremely comfortable however at the hips they are snug and my waste is 36 inches, so wearing a heavy jacket may be a bit of a struggle. Also the finish of the rear of the seat is somewhat rough so I brush painted that as that area on a 7 is very visible and now looks nice. Overall finish as supplied was average, good for the money but not perfect. If I had more money I would buy better but it would cost a lot more.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ianhurley20

posted on 13/4/21 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
I put two rear seats from a Renault Scenic, very comfortable and fitted really well as well as costing almost nothing (£15 I think) removed all the sliding/tipping bits and bolted down to floor. I used the outer, wider seats others have used the narrower center seat but then you need to find two matching sets

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.