Board logo

Passed SVA today at Norwich despite failing CAT test!
dodgyroger - 4/10/04 at 06:47 PM

Well I managed to get my MK Indy-blade through SVA today at Norwich despite failing the CAT test. I have a 1997 Fireblade RRV engine and CAT fitted along with Snoopy’s fish tank valve emissions system. The slow idle test passed fine but I failed the fast idle test with a 0.85 CO2 reading (It needs to be max 0.3). No problem said the SVA inspector, you can have 20 mins to sort this out at the end - Fine I thought, a couple of valve tweaks should do it. After all, HC and Lambda were fine at 0 and 1.02 respectively.

However at the end of the test, and after some deliberation with his colleague, the inspector said that a retest of the emissions would not be necessary on the grounds that the MK Indy is not listed as a known car in the emissions data base, so the default situation is to allow a more lenient 3.5% CO2 figure - So I passed emissions afterall and presumably would have got away with not having a CAT at all!

I also failed on two other things which were rectified and retested in about 30 mins. 1) The off side mirror needed raising up a bit; 2) The bottom edge of the dash was too sharp so I cut a slit in some rubber fuel pipe and fitted that.

It then passed so I’m right chuffed. I got absolutely soaked driving to the test though and had to stop half way to bail the car out but it was worth it.

Roger

Mk-Ninja - 4/10/04 at 07:08 PM

Well done you jamy bugger.

jacko - 4/10/04 at 07:08 PM

HI Roger congratulations with the pass another indy on the road jacko

type 907 - 4/10/04 at 07:54 PM

Well done Roger.

Could this be another car at the next suffolk meet ?

Paul G

scotlad - 4/10/04 at 09:30 PM

Fantastic news Roger! well done. shame you've missed most of the 'decent' weather . was out today in mine when it was howling a gale- brrrrrrr

Peteff - 4/10/04 at 10:43 PM

I think we all ought to go to Norwich for sva on the strength of that. A tester who uses his own discretion has got to be a good thing. Any bike engined car should get through using that logic if the bike wasn't required to have a cat.

[Edited on 4/10/04 by Peteff]

subk2002 - 4/10/04 at 11:07 PM

Well done

tractorboy - 5/10/04 at 03:35 PM

well done roger . give me a shout if you fancy a blast sometime when your all registered and road legal.im just down the road in burwell.

r3nuf - 5/10/04 at 05:41 PM

Nice one Roger!

Think i just saw you on the A14 at 17:00hrs near Stowmarket today?

A 'G' Reg i do believe?!

Looks Great

Cheers

Gary

macspeedy - 5/10/04 at 05:49 PM

congratulations

pointy - 5/10/04 at 06:30 PM

spot on sir

I will be using Norwich (fingers crossed) april next year, and I must also say that I have popped in for advise during my build and they have always been very helpful.

Andy p

James - 6/10/04 at 11:48 AM

Congratulations mate- well done!

Happy driving!

All the best,

James

splitrivet - 6/10/04 at 01:08 PM

Well done
Cheers,
Bob