Board logo

MSVA - IVA style brake information labels
russbost - 22/8/18 at 10:59 AM

Just been checking the MSVA manual & I can't find any reference to the labels about using Dot 4 Brake fluid from a sealed container & if using a dual master cylinder setup there used to be one for IVA which said something about not interfering with the brake bias?

I take it these are not a MSVA requirement - strangely I couldn't find them anymore in IVA either

Also, for MSVA there doesn't appear to be any requirement for a tell tale for low brake fluid - have I got that right, you just need to be easily able to check the fluid level?

loggyboy - 22/8/18 at 11:56 AM

Page 92 of the latest IVA manual.

russbost - 22/8/18 at 04:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy

Looking at the online version, it doesn't have continuous page no.'s it's page 6 of 7 etc. what section no. & decimal is that please?

Also can anyone advise re MSVA?

gremlin1234 - 22/8/18 at 06:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by russbost
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy

Looking at the online version, it doesn't have continuous page no.'s it's page 6 of 7 etc. what section no. & decimal is that please?

Also can anyone advise re MSVA?

IVA
section 09D RS 17

quote:

17. An indelible label must be affixed in a visible position within 100 mm of the filling ports of the fluid reservoirs to ensure that it is possible for the end user of the vehicle to identify the brake fluid used in braking system. DOT fluid references and/or the Symbols and text in Table 1 are considered acceptable.

russbost - 22/8/18 at 06:22 PM

Great thanks, is the "don't interfere with brake bias still in or has that gone now?