Board logo

Rad Fan overide switch
the moa 2 - 14/6/07 at 08:46 PM

Just nearing the end of my build and am looking to sort a rad fan overide switch, searched but couldn't find anything.

Currently i have a adjustable thermo switch from demon tweeks/merlin but think i may aswell have one to keep her nice and cool if needed.

Avoneer - 14/6/07 at 08:50 PM

How is it wired at the moment?

Live to one side of thermo switch, other side of thermo switch to one side of fan, other side of fan to earth???

Pat...

indykid - 14/6/07 at 08:54 PM

try this....

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=22368&pid=183641

tom

[Edited on 14/6/07 by indykid]

russbost - 14/6/07 at 09:19 PM

Well prepared to get shot down in flames, but I would say if you need to override the thermal switch you have a problem. If I can keep my beast running on standard bike rads & thermal switches with 2 engines jammed into a very small space anything "normal" should work without a hitch

RazMan - 14/6/07 at 09:28 PM

I have to agree that it is totally unneccessary - like fitting two driver's harnesses in case one breaks
If the right temp range is set, then it works ...... why complicate things?

Humbug - 14/6/07 at 09:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
I have to agree that it is totally unneccessary - like fitting two driver's harnesses in case one breaks
If the right temp range is set, then it works ...... why complicate things?

I agree... I think. I fitted an override switch and have only ever used it to test that the switch is working! As mentioned, if you need an override, something's probably wrong in the rest of the setup/

bob - 14/6/07 at 10:00 PM

I fitted an over ride switch as in toms (indykids) post pic, used it a few times when the pinto was in when i hit traffic as it did get hot and i was just nervous of the thermo switch not working.

Got to admit it was probably more my plumbing as now the zetec is in and i've changed the whole set up temp holds well and thermo switch in polo rad seems better too.

Switch is still wired incase the thermo fails though, i trust nothing

[Edited on 14/6/07 by bob]

the moa 2 - 14/6/07 at 10:40 PM

I guess i wont fit one then thats one less job.

I have tested and bled the cooling system just on my drive and it doesnt seem too bad but i did have bonnet off.

Fingers crossed it holds up alright.