Board logo

MT75 extended release bearing
wowblaauw - 19/2/22 at 11:30 AM

All, now in the final stages of my build I am in the need of the following - Zetec to MT75 with turbosport lightened flywheel and AP pressure plate and CG clutch. I need to extend the MT75 release bearing by around 20mm. Does anyone have one of the old westie extended release bearing or have a please with following dimensions etc:

40mm internal diameter
64mm external diameter
19mm/20mm thick

This is mentioned with diagram at the following:

http://www.turbosport.co.uk/showthread.php?t=84458

Any help with this would be gratefully appreciated.

cheers
Craig

pmc_3 - 19/2/22 at 08:25 PM

If I remember correctly there are a couple of ways round it without using the spacer as Westfield did.

You can buy a different pivot pin from kit spares which then allows you to use the normal Sierra release bearing https://kitspares.co.uk/products/mt75-clutch-arm-pin

Or I think you can use release bearing CT133 instead which is already longer and doesn't need the spacer.

[Edited on 19/2/22 by pmc_3]

wowblaauw - 20/2/22 at 08:20 AM

Yeah, thanks for that - I have the pin but still my arm travel is around an inch which is why I am looking to the spacer for the thrust bearing

perksy - 20/2/22 at 10:55 PM

Iirc these were 19mm thick and were bonded to the face of the standard bearing
Trouble is they had a habit of coming off the bearing face and on my old westy with an MT75 it certainly did
I seem to remember the advice being to adjust the clutch so the spacer was just in contact with the fingers on the release plate, that way they didn't get a 'shock load' when operating the clutch pedal

I'd use a different method of doing it if you can cable

wowblaauw - 21/2/22 at 07:17 AM

GBS extend the release arm with an extended pivot. Mine was an early version with a M12 bolt which I had extended. I'm just going to replace this with a longer bolt.

Thanks to all especially Big_Wasa for yours and his help.

Cheers
Craig