Board logo

Which Petrol Pump
stargoaly - 5/6/06 at 07:43 PM

Hi all - I am using a 2 litre zetec in my build and plan to use the original injection system, so anyone know what petrol pump I can use, the book calls for a regulated pressure of 2.1 Bar (about 30 PSI in old money!), but does not quote flow. Has anybody done this and what did they use.

I aim to put a modified airbox on so it all fits under the bonnet.

ned - 5/6/06 at 08:56 PM

i had three second hand vauxhall bosch out of tank pumps (cavaliers) and they all failed so ended up buying a new one from fse. You will need a fuel pressure regulator to set the fuel pressure to what you quoted.

Ned.

Monkeybasher - 5/6/06 at 09:13 PM

I use th VW golf GTI fuel pump. It has a built in swirl pot. Dont know what the pressure is though.

martyn_16v - 5/6/06 at 09:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Monkeybasher
I use th VW golf GTI fuel pump. It has a built in swirl pot. Dont know what the pressure is though.

Depends which GTI it came from. K-Jet cars (mk1s, early mk2 8v's and mk2 16v) run at about 5 bar fuel pressure, and the pump is capable of plenty of flow, especially at the lower pressure more usually found in an EFI system (people use these pumps for 300bhp+ 1.8T conversions). Pumps from EFI cars (late mk2 8v, and anything mk3 onwards) aren't quite as manly, but still provide enough for any normally aspirated motor i've seen in a VW