Board logo

smaller rear fog light for Phoenix
philfingers - 8/11/14 at 09:40 AM

What's everyone else using?

want a smaller fog to replace this one, it's too big for the mounting place on the body
any suggestions, I had a smaller one on the old Phoenix. I've found some smaller round ones at 75mm but not over keen on LED, not in keepign with everything else. Would like to be E marked but not over fussed as unlikely to use in the fog anyway
this is what i have

and this is what I had on my old Phoenix

40inches - 8/11/14 at 10:05 AM

The smallest ones I found came from CBS. They fitted under the back panel and passed the minimum height for IVA. They can be panel mounted.
Description
Description

philfingers - 8/11/14 at 10:51 AM

thanks, might be the think, will take a look

adithorp - 8/11/14 at 11:16 AM

How about one of these from SVC

They're the inner lamp from the modular Hella lamps but you should be able to mount on it's own through the panel with a bracket behind.

philfingers - 8/11/14 at 11:27 AM

thanks Ade, might be better. I wonder if I could just use a stop/tail like the other ones I have, would all match then. fog is 21w same as a brake light, so is there any other difference other than the obvious; comes on with fog switch not brake lights!

my tracking was toe out at front 20' [1.6mm]. rear was parallel. garage floor isn't flat so need to check cambers with car in the other direction and average the figures. looks like more camber on OSF tho. . .

Hadders - 8/11/14 at 01:44 PM

Have a look at early BMW Minis. They have a small and neat solution in the bumper. I haven't measured but they look like a good fit for the shape on the Phoenix and would look OEM as they are flush fit. Or could use Peugeot 206, although they're a slightly different shape.

adithorp - 8/11/14 at 05:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by philfingers
thanks Ade, might be better. I wonder if I could just use a stop/tail like the other ones I have, would all match then. fog is 21w same as a brake light, so is there any other difference other than the obvious; comes on with fog switch not brake lights!

my tracking was toe out at front 20' [1.6mm]. rear was parallel. garage floor isn't flat so need to check cambers with car in the other direction and average the figures. looks like more camber on OSF tho. . .

Fog lamps lens/reflector gives a narrower, higher intensity beam.

philfingers - 8/11/14 at 08:18 PM

found these, might work, bit cheaper than through SVC website too
will have a measure up in a bit

Hella Mix &' Match 55mm INNER REAR FOG LIGHT

[Edited on 8/11/14 by philfingers]

philfingers - 22/11/14 at 08:15 PM

well I bought one of these REAR FOG LIGHT 2NE 006 609-007 BY HELLA
not really impressed at all, no rubber seal and there's a hole in the bottom to let the water out!
still looking for the type used on my first Phoenix [yellow one above]. Don't really want an LED one or round really, as it's a rectangular mount on the body, will look odd I think. Just a small one as above! like trying to find a needle in a haystack!
if anyone has one and can see a name or part number on it that would be great!