Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sylva stylus project
ravingfool

posted on 7/12/21 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Sylva stylus project

Ok, I'm not sure about this but I'm toying with moving on my stylus project. Between major DIY commitments, family requirements and work I've barely touched it in the last 12 months (I also have a road registered striker which I've continued to use on sunny days and fettle periodically and that has taken precedence as it runs and drives already!). The stylus was intended to be a long term build and a slightly more practical car than the striker once finished but wondering lately whether I'd be better off letting someone else play with it and perhaps I'll revisit another build if/when things slow down in the future (hah!).

I have a full chassis and suspension (dampers springs and wishbones).
Inner tub bonded in place (and spare inner tub too)
Outer body
Front part of the body has been separated from the rear to allow for flip front (a la some of the others)
Doors X 4
Wet weather gear
Headlight covers
Couple of diffs with half shafts
Jag 3l aj30 V6 and getrag 221 gearbox
Lightweight ttv flywheel not fitted
Couple of steering racks (one quick rack I think) and various steering components.
Pedal box
Brakes front and rear
Boxes of various brackets and fittings for bodywork/doors etc, wipers, lights even. Might have some basic seats too.

Oh and I have the original sales invoice for the 'kit' elements and what there is of a build manual too.

Really needs someone with a little more time than I have to knuckle down and get it put together.

Needs windscreen, prop, wiring, ECU, exhaust and intake (I have exhaust headers and some intake parts), wheels.

I know I've spent more on the parts and they're worth more parted out but as time is my enemy at the moment I would let everything go for £2,000.

If there's no interest I'll try and spend some time on it at Xmas and once it's moving forwards again I'll probably feel more positive about it whereas at the moment its just a large paperweight and I'm struggling to picture when I'll have time to finish it!

Photos to follow
If you want anything else send me a u2u and I'll come back to you.

[Edited on 7/12/21 by ravingfool]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

CosKev3

posted on 7/12/21 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
The Facebook link goes to a private group which you need to join to see pics,assuming they are in the Maserati group the link goes to?
ravingfool

posted on 7/12/21 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Weird, try again:

I'll have to sort something else out in a minute that didn't work

[Edited on 7/12/21 by ravingfool]

ravingfool

posted on 8/12/21 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Try this link:

shared Google photo album

number-1

posted on 9/12/21 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like a really good price.

Im pretty sure someone on either here or the SSC Stylus FB page has a completed V6 AJ30 car.

Personally id stick ITBs on it for the noise

ravingfool

posted on 1/6/22 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Nearly 6 months on and not yet been able to turn any attention to this to my frustration.

Would still be prepared to sell as is and probably would take £1,500 just to clear the garage and give me the space to maintain the striker and other cars which is more difficult with this lump sat in the way!

Perhaps I'll be able to play with it over the long weekend though!

ravingfool

posted on 20/1/23 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
Sadly now a year since I first thought about selling this and I still haven't been able to spend any time on it although have been continuing to tinker with the striker and maintain other cars and work on the house, all of which having to take priority!

Still don't see myself having the time to actually make any progress in the near term unfortunately so if anyone else has the bug and fancies making a better stab at it than I've managed, let me know!

Otherwise it will continue to wait patiently in the garage for now!

ravingfool

posted on 5/5/23 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
Bump
ravingfool

posted on 22/5/23 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
Any interest before I start breaking and selling parts?

Not what I want to do with my time but getting the space back is now a priority for me.

ashg

posted on 6/6/23 at 04:51 AM Reply With Quote
if i still lived in the uk i would take it off your hands in a heartbeat, not sure if it could be packed up and shipped to the usa (i know they wont let the engine in that's for sure, but the frame/body parts should be fine). sold all my kit cars and moved to the usa in 2015, bought a sports car but its not the same experience .

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

ravingfool

posted on 26/6/23 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
Now sold to an existing stylus owner who hopes to have the time to build another!

Good luck.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.