Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tintop bodywork repairs (minor scrapes)
Simon

posted on 10/2/13 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
Tintop bodywork repairs (minor scrapes)

Chaps

My bus has got a few wear and tear marks (including getting between an armco and hgv) so am thinking of getting car tidied up.

Keep seeing these co's that come round and do on your drive.

So, any favourites to recommend, any to avoid etc, and rough ideas on costs please.

Cheers very much

ATB

Simon

Peteff

posted on 10/2/13 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
Put your location in your profile Simon. Not much use recommending my mate Bruce who does it if you are 100 miles away

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

mark chandler

posted on 10/2/13 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Take it to dent rewind in Southborough, they are top chaps at this.

Cheers Mark

Hadders

posted on 10/2/13 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Simon.

I run a business doing just this and would be happy to advise.

Like most practical skills, its not the brand name that matters but the skill of the operator/tradesman.

The key differences to look out for though are: body shop trained painters vs smart repairers. The former will be able to do panel beating before painting(giving a better quality finish) and will have the confidence and ability to paint whole/multiple panels. The latter will generally charge less but will stop at scuffs on bumpers, mirrors and alloy wheels. In my business we carry the equipment to pull out dents, spray multiple panels and even fit new bumpers etc. all on your driveway. We also give a lifetime ownership warranty on our work, which we can do because we use correct waterborne paint systems and quality two pack lacquer products.

Cost wise it depends on what part of the country you're in and which of the above you speak to. I'm in Beds, covering the northern home counties and north London, so my prices are higher than further north/west.

Feel free to U2U me or post pictures and I can give you an idea of likely costs.

Cheers

Ben

Simon

posted on 10/2/13 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Ben

For the most part the paint has been scraped off the plastic door protectors except front and rear wings, which has had small amout of paint scraped off - it really does look like a quick sand and blow over to fix. Passenger side got a slight scrape in rear quarter panel by lorry stalk indicator but will have a friend (pro panel man, ex main dealer) do that. Trying to keep cost down

Mark, will give dent rewind a call.

Cheers

ATB

Simon

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.