Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MT75 extended release bearing
wowblaauw

posted on 19/2/22 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
MT75 extended release bearing

All, now in the final stages of my build I am in the need of the following - Zetec to MT75 with turbosport lightened flywheel and AP pressure plate and CG clutch. I need to extend the MT75 release bearing by around 20mm. Does anyone have one of the old westie extended release bearing or have a please with following dimensions etc:

40mm internal diameter
64mm external diameter
19mm/20mm thick

This is mentioned with diagram at the following:

http://www.turbosport.co.uk/showthread.php?t=84458

Any help with this would be gratefully appreciated.

cheers
Craig

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming...
Damn, What a ride!!"

pmc_3

posted on 19/2/22 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
If I remember correctly there are a couple of ways round it without using the spacer as Westfield did.

You can buy a different pivot pin from kit spares which then allows you to use the normal Sierra release bearing https://kitspares.co.uk/products/mt75-clutch-arm-pin

Or I think you can use release bearing CT133 instead which is already longer and doesn't need the spacer.

[Edited on 19/2/22 by pmc_3]

wowblaauw

posted on 20/2/22 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah, thanks for that - I have the pin but still my arm travel is around an inch which is why I am looking to the spacer for the thrust bearing

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming...
Damn, What a ride!!"

perksy

posted on 20/2/22 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
Iirc these were 19mm thick and were bonded to the face of the standard bearing
Trouble is they had a habit of coming off the bearing face and on my old westy with an MT75 it certainly did
I seem to remember the advice being to adjust the clutch so the spacer was just in contact with the fingers on the release plate, that way they didn't get a 'shock load' when operating the clutch pedal

I'd use a different method of doing it if you can cable

wowblaauw

posted on 21/2/22 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
GBS extend the release arm with an extended pivot. Mine was an early version with a M12 bolt which I had extended. I'm just going to replace this with a longer bolt.

Thanks to all especially Big_Wasa for yours and his help.

Cheers
Craig

Damn, What a ride!!"

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.