Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zetec engine mounting brackets
stargoaly

posted on 3/10/05 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
zetec engine mounting brackets

Can anyone help. I,m building an MK Indy and am using a mark 1 - 2 litre zetec. I am currently setting up to get the engine mounting brackets sized and manufactured. [I aim to use the donor car (1.8 Sierra) rubber mountings]. I have two questions has anybody got designs or pics they can post on the site that I can use to make mine (before I go to same trouble) and how did they deal with the dipstick issue if bracket cuts across it. Hope this all makes sense.
givemethebighammer

posted on 3/10/05 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Your brackets will depend on the chassis dimensions, desired engine height and where you decide to attach the mounts to the passenger side of the engine (2 possible positions)

here:

http://www.toyne.demon.co.uk/kit-car/docs-mount.html

is a good place to start

zetec

posted on 3/10/05 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Picture of nearside one in my photo archive. there was another thread on this a week or so ago i think.

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

donut

posted on 3/10/05 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
I have a spare set of Zetec engine mounts for a silver top 2 litre (pre 95) with rubbers and nuts/washers.

U2U me or email me at andrew.west17@btinternet.com

Image deleted by owner

[Edited on 4/10/05 by donut]

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.