Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which Petrol Pump
stargoaly

posted on 5/6/06 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Which Petrol Pump

Hi all - I am using a 2 litre zetec in my build and plan to use the original injection system, so anyone know what petrol pump I can use, the book calls for a regulated pressure of 2.1 Bar (about 30 PSI in old money!), but does not quote flow. Has anybody done this and what did they use.

I aim to put a modified airbox on so it all fits under the bonnet.

virgin builder

ned

posted on 5/6/06 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
i had three second hand vauxhall bosch out of tank pumps (cavaliers) and they all failed so ended up buying a new one from fse. You will need a fuel pressure regulator to set the fuel pressure to what you quoted.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Monkeybasher

posted on 5/6/06 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
I use th VW golf GTI fuel pump. It has a built in swirl pot. Dont know what the pressure is though.
martyn_16v

posted on 5/6/06 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Monkeybasher
I use th VW golf GTI fuel pump. It has a built in swirl pot. Dont know what the pressure is though.

Depends which GTI it came from. K-Jet cars (mk1s, early mk2 8v's and mk2 16v) run at about 5 bar fuel pressure, and the pump is capable of plenty of flow, especially at the lower pressure more usually found in an EFI system (people use these pumps for 300bhp+ 1.8T conversions). Pumps from EFI cars (late mk2 8v, and anything mk3 onwards) aren't quite as manly, but still provide enough for any normally aspirated motor i've seen in a VW

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.