Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What about some for sale section guidlines....
carpmart

posted on 9/7/08 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
What about some for sale section guidlines....

...do you think we need them?

I mean no offence to anyone on here but prams for sale, surely we need to keep this vaguely car centric?

Also, I think people should always state a price as 'offers' is just unfair to all concerned. Ebay and other for sale sections mean that most people have access to a resource giving them the ability to have an indicative value, so prices should be on all for sale posts.

So that me finished on the soap box! Anyone else got any 'must do' or 'must don't' requests?

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

D Beddows

posted on 9/7/08 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Also, I think people should always state a price as 'offers' is just unfair to all concerned. Ebay and other for sale sections mean that most people have access to a resource giving them the ability to have an indicative value, so prices should be on all for sale posts.

I discovered in a similar post a few months ago that people get quite cross if you have the audacity to suggest this kind of thing

I'm with you however

tegwin

posted on 9/7/08 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
If you feel the need...write one and see if the moderators will make it a sticky....

But no one will bother reading it..

And besides...we are all friends here...provided people dont take the wee wee whats wrong with selling stuff thats not car related....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

MikeR

posted on 9/7/08 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
whats the problem with offers - as long as its a blind auction (ie people u2u the offers) and its over a given timescale (ie best offer by the weekend).

I've got stuff i want to get rid of and have no idea of price. The only problem for me is when people sell stuff i want and i've no idea what a true / fair price is.

Dangle_kt

posted on 9/7/08 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
first dibs does favor those who are on here all the time.

I'm office based now, so I bob and off here all day, but my last job I only came on every few days, and missed lots of stuff.

I know I'm shooting myself in the foot, but best offers by the weekend or whenever would remove this issue for those less fortunate to have 24/7 access.

Jubal

posted on 9/7/08 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
I've got stuff i want to get rid of and have no idea of price. The only problem for me is when people sell stuff i want and i've no idea what a true / fair price is.

It's worth what you're prepared to pay. Seller usually has an idea of what he wants (or else how will he know what offer to accept?). Buyer has no guide price so will usually under offer. One benefit of inviting offers is that only serious people will contact you. For armchair browsers it's a real turn off and you might not get that impulse purchase.

rusty nuts

posted on 9/7/08 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
I don't have a problem with people selling prams, in fact my first ever build used a set of pram wheels and I'm sure a few of our older members did the same? It is the for sale section after all .
82 Locost

posted on 9/7/08 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
As long as the description accurately describes what's for sale I don't mind. If I see a pram for sale and I don't want one I won't look at the advert. If I wanted a pram I would.

I like the chance of getting a bargain for off-the-wall items and avoid the eBay bollox.

NeilP

posted on 9/7/08 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Would it be alright to put a yacht in the for sale section? ...or a dingy?

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

chris_smith

posted on 9/7/08 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
i dont have a problem with ppl offering things they no longer require either with a "price" or for "offer" at the end of the day if you need something then offer what you can afford or are willing to pay if you get it then well done if not then unlucky.
i think the camaraderie on here is second to none and if we believe we can help the next guy/girl by offering something of none car relation then so be it. as long as the forum isnt abused then all should run smoothly.

rusty nuts

posted on 9/7/08 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NeilP
Would it be alright to put a yacht in the for sale section? ...or a dingy?

Can I road test the yacht? would only need it for a few weeks to get to somewhere warm and sunny

matt.c

posted on 9/7/08 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Did someone say prams? Thanks for the advertising..

Paradoxia0

posted on 9/7/08 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Oooh, I really feel the need to make some comment about prams and toys being thrown or dummies spitting.....

But I'll sav it until someone does

There is no replacement for displacement...

Peteff

posted on 9/7/08 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Rule 1

If you're not selling something, don't put the post in the For Sale section

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

simoto

posted on 10/7/08 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Cripes who can afford ebay anyway? My most recent run of listings grossed £88.50 with about 50-60% of items sold. Within a couple of days ebay are screaming fo 71.50!!!!!!!!!!
With postage to come out of the £88.50 Im not going to be able to afford my propshaft/diff/sva any time soon
Kinnell

striker/blade now complete, thanks to all on this site.

owelly

posted on 10/7/08 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
I'm all for folks selling whatever they want on LB. I like the idea of buying stuff from folks, who although I don't actually know them, are still part of the LB community. I'd rather put a few quid in the pocket of a fellow LBer rather than in the pocket of some thieving scumbucket who has just robbed someone and stuck it on Ebay to pay for their next fix.....if you see what I mean?
Asking for offers is OK but as I, like many others, don't like making offers then the seller is missing out on possible buyers. It's the sellers choice.
What I would like to see is a way of ensuring that all the stuff posted in the wanted or for sale sections, have the 'FS' or 'WNTD' in the title so it's easily spotted in the LB overview. And also the item location.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chris_smith

posted on 10/7/08 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
here here owelly
mr henderson

posted on 10/7/08 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
I think the seller should say the price. It is, after all, his property and if he wants to sell it he should say how much he wants for it.

Open to offers, well, aren't we all. Everybody is welcome to make offers for most of my property most of the time. If I really want to sell it, though, I will say how much I want for it.

Best offer by the weekend? That's no good because the people concerned don't know what has already been offered. The whole point of an auction is that everybody knows what the current bid is

John

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.