Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS: RAW Striker 4AGE 16V 20V exhaust system
bimbleuk

posted on 19/10/08 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
FS: RAW Striker 4AGE 16V 20V exhaust system

NB: Apologies to you Locost builders for this advert but there isn't a decent Striker forum so many owners/builders visit here!

I'm selling a spare exhaust system from my RAW Engineering Striker. I had this system fitted to my Striker when I built it with a 16V 4AGE. I subsequently fitted a 20V 4AGE which required a small extension to one end of the flange. So to fit a 16V 4AGE will require the end bolt hole to be re-drilled again.

I had the system on my Striker for approx. 5K miles. The silencer is 5" diameter and was repacked after I removed it from my car with wire wool and eGlass matting. As you can see the primaries are partially covered with heat wrap.

I can't say if this will fit on any other kit car easily as the Striker has the engine offset and canted over near the passenger side rail.

The new price is £325.00 inclusive so I'm asking £180.00 ono. No postage included as I would profer collection only.

I'm in Cirencester, gloucestershire.

Image deleted by owner

[Edited on 20-10-08 by bimbleuk]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Neil P

posted on 19/10/08 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Do you have any photo's of it fitted? I need to see which way it was canted and where it exited the bodywork.

I'm fitting a 16v to a Haynes Roadster with the engine set level. The exhaust ports are just above the level of the top chassis tubes. With the engine level will it point the headers up or down?

Thanks

Neil

bimbleuk

posted on 20/10/08 at 06:38 AM Reply With Quote
Try these couple of photos. the engine is only slightly lent over to just dip under the bonnet on that side. Probably the distance out the manifold projects before turning is more critical as the Strikers are narow to start with.

I've now got a manifold which projects over the top chassis rail. If I remember correctly the ports are just above the top rail on a Striker.

Original engine bay layout - side
Original engine bay layout - side

Original engine bay layout - front
Original engine bay layout - front

Neil P

posted on 20/10/08 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
Yep, that's narrow! Your engine is fairly close to the nearside too, there's no way that would reach the outside of my bodywork, I'd have to route it under the passenger seat.

Thanks anyway, pictures were useful.

Neil

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.