Board logo

C20XE installation
Cozza - 7/10/10 at 06:56 PM

Being a newbie I'm maybe asking a really dumb and obvious question, but is the only reason that folks go down the route of putting carbs/throttle bodies on the C20XE because of clearance issues?
Is it possible to keep everythinig 'as is' with the standard Astra GTE injection and ECU set-up?
Shoot me down!

joolsmi16 - 7/10/10 at 07:17 PM

I've just got a c20xe put in my f27 with standard injection you need a 7 degree bellhousing and the other bits.

The injection on the c20xe takes a lot of room also the engine is tall so bonnet mods were needed. In my case I cut the bonnet to clear the throttle body, maf etc and raise the front to clear the head.

jools

Cozza - 7/10/10 at 08:53 PM

Thanks for the info. Why is it necessary to have a 7 degree installation?

joolsmi16 - 7/10/10 at 09:02 PM

If your keeping the standard injection the engine needs to be at 7 degrees to run,

If your using carbs TB you can use either the 7 degree or upright bellhousing just depends on what manifold you have.

For any info and parts see www.yukspeed

Jools

Cozza - 7/10/10 at 09:17 PM

Thanks Jools!

martyn_16v - 8/10/10 at 07:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cozza
is the only reason that folks go down the route of putting carbs/throttle bodies on the C20XE because of clearance issues?

It's not the only reason, but it's one of the main ones. The other reasons are that TB's (and a half decent exhaust) offer a hefty gain in power, and they look pretty, and sound