Benzo

posted on 1/8/18 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
12” Shocks

Wanted 12” open length Coilovers

1.9 or 2.25” dia

PM if you have anything would suit!

adithorp

posted on 1/8/18 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Got a pair of 8-12" 2 1/4" Gaz Gold somewhere. Came off my Fury when I decided to alter the length I was using. Think they're in OK condition but I'd have to find them.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Benzo

posted on 2/8/18 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
Still looking!
Benzo

posted on 5/8/18 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Sorted now
neilb2980

posted on 6/6/19 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
Coilovers

Hi all, sorry if I'm Jumping in, never been on a forum before so not sure how to create a new post or whether this is correct etiquette. I'm new to all this so forgive if this is a silly question. I've bought an unfinished project, locost rolling chassis with engine and box, and now I'm looking for coilovers for it. While looking for a cheaper alternative to spending £476 I've come across some universal motorcycle ones on Ebay that match up with the dimensions needed, they do have half an inch less travel and are rated to a maximum of 300kg per unit. They are £51 per pair. Is this to good to be true. Any feed back or advice would be very appreciated.
Slimy38

posted on 6/6/19 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neilb2980
Hi all, sorry if I'm Jumping in, never been on a forum before so not sure how to create a new post or whether this is correct etiquette. I'm new to all this so forgive if this is a silly question. I've bought an unfinished project, locost rolling chassis with engine and box, and now I'm looking for coilovers for it. While looking for a cheaper alternative to spending £476 I've come across some universal motorcycle ones on Ebay that match up with the dimensions needed, they do have half an inch less travel and are rated to a maximum of 300kg per unit. They are £51 per pair. Is this to good to be true. Any feed back or advice would be very appreciated.

I really wouldn't go near them, I've seen people who have bought them for motorbikes and it makes them unrideable. I have no idea what they'll do on a car.

I got a set of four proper coilovers second hand for about £80. just keep an eye out on here and on Ebay, they're quite a common thing.

neilb2980

posted on 8/6/19 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Will do, thanks for your reply that's what I feared you would say.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.