Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brazing in the Spalding/Peterborough Area
tims31

posted on 23/4/13 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Brazing in the Spalding/Peterborough Area

Hi all,

As per the title, is there anyone out there in the Spalding/Peterborough area that can do brazing?

What I need is a steel throttle lever that I have made with a slot in, brazing onto a brass throttle spindle with a key (see images)

Description
Description

Basically what I found was that with some weight off the car and the throttle half-to fully open, the fitted lever was hitting on the scissor arm so the throttle could be pressed open if going light over a bump etc...

I have removed the old arm which I had to grind off and made a new version which I have orientated slightly differently and taken the opportunity to change the orientation of the throttle cable pull too but it now needs re-attaching which should really be brazing as it will be steel to brass.

Another problem is that the brass spindle has two o-ring seals on that look a bit tight to remove so I was going to put the spindle in a can of water to keep it cool while it was brazed to protect the seals.

Can anyone help please?

[Edited on 23/4/13 by tims31]

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

tims31

posted on 24/4/13 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
I work in Derby during the week too so if anyone is around that area capable of doing it then please let me know...

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.