Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone help with bit of lathe work
scutter

posted on 5/1/06 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
Anyone help with bit of lathe work

As in the title, I need to get some longer suspension crush tubes made up as the ones i have at the moment are about 4mm to short. I'm after 18 tubes measuring 13mm O/D, 9.8mm I/D and 39mm long pref in stainless.

Anyone out there able to lend a hand, as always cash or beers tokens are available.

Many thanks Dan.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Deckman001

posted on 5/1/06 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
I can ask the cnc shop at work if you want, no idea on cost of time though
give me a call, might be quicker
Jason

[Edited on 5/1/06 by Deckman001]

flak monkey

posted on 5/1/06 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
Just a suggestion..cant you just use washers to make up the space? I know they are a pain to hold but it could be an option if you cant find anyone to do them for you.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

scutter

posted on 5/1/06 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
Damn that was quick,
Cheers Jason, the workshops on camp are having a bit of a clamp down on private work at the mo.

David, I've been using washers but they clamp and distort the rubber bush that the crush tube sits in, making the wishbone movment inconsistent.

Cheers all the same Dan.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
trextr7monkey

posted on 5/1/06 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
I have a technician who trained as a turner with Royal Ordnance who could spit them out nae bother but we haven't any stainless about also a bit far away, on Scotish border - if you can't get something local come back to me.
Deckman001

posted on 5/1/06 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
Am waiting on a call back to ask the guy who would do them

Jason

scutter

posted on 5/1/06 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Top lad

Dan.

chris.russell

posted on 5/1/06 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
If you still have no joy, let me know and I will see what I can sort out

Mines a pint

scutter

posted on 5/1/06 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Chris, did you get an Email about the oxford meet from me? If not could you send me your correct Email address.

ATB Dan.

bob

posted on 5/1/06 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Dan

I can probably help out in a few weeks if your in no hurry,my engineer has just moved house so all the machinery is is just piled everywhere at the moment (picture to follow)

When he's back up and running he wants to keep busy with little jobs to stop him and the machinery seizing up

chris.russell

posted on 5/1/06 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
finally got round to checking my emails yesterday, and yes I did get the message. will have a think about it but no where stands out yet... and if you do need the machining done I can do it either friday or sunday if I can find the correct material!

Mines a pint

scutter

posted on 6/1/06 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Chris, Have you been able to check if there's any suitable material about? if not i'll pop down the stockists in Carterton and ask about.

Also could you U2U me your new number as i've still got your old one.

Many thanks Dan.

scutter

posted on 8/1/06 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Big thanks to Chris, i'll be getting you the next pint then. just gotta fit these lovely parts now.

powder coating
powder coating

I'll U2U you my address.

Thanks Dan.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.