Board logo

How to date photograhs
chris-g - 11/5/12 at 12:40 PM

Hello All. This may be a bit off topic but still sort of car related. I have some photographs of my car being built by the previous owner taken using good old film. The glossy prints have a number / code on the back of them, is it possible to get a processing date from this and if so how do I do it? A typical code reads - <No.4>BTS 32+00 NNN+07AU 1108
I don't have the negatives. They came in an packet labelled as "FotoStop" who must have done the processing but having searched the internet I can find no mention of them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chris.

[Edited on 11/5/12 by chris-g]

locoboy - 11/5/12 at 12:55 PM

Haha,

I thought you were meaning dating, photographs as in photographs for a dating site lol.

NigeEss - 11/5/12 at 01:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by locoboy
Haha,

I thought you were meaning dating, photographs as in photographs for a dating site lol.

Not just me then !

hughpinder - 11/5/12 at 01:18 PM

That means print 4, BTS is the store code, 32+00 ins the processing order (to match negatives to prints),NNN no manual processing adjustment, 07AU automated adjustment code 07, 1108 11 august, there is no year

Regards
Hugh

chris-g - 11/5/12 at 01:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NigeEss
quote:
Originally posted by locoboy
Haha,

Not just me then !

Easy mistake to make, title amended.

chris-g - 11/5/12 at 01:26 PM

Thanks Hugh, your a star. I never cease to be amazed at the depth of knowledge on this site.

Shame about the year, that was the really important bit for me. Any other way to get a year for the photographs?

eznfrank - 11/5/12 at 01:43 PM

Anything else in the background of the photos to give clues?

tegwin - 11/5/12 at 03:14 PM

Write on the back whatever date you like..... only you will know...

chris-g - 11/5/12 at 03:57 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I can not see anything in the photos that will date them and it needs to be as independent and reliable as possible.

[Edited on 11/5/12 by chris-g]

Ninehigh - 11/5/12 at 04:07 PM

Could it be 11/08 as in November 2008? Not that I know anything about this but I find it slightly odd to have the date, month but not the year rather than month and year

chris-g - 11/5/12 at 04:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
Could it be 11/08 as in November 2008? Not that I know anything about this but I find it slightly odd to have the date, month but not the year rather than month and year

Its unlikely as the builder had passed away long before 2008.