Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Would you believe it?
Chris_R

posted on 20/7/04 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Would you believe it?

Went to Halfords on sat to renew the tool. The last one I had was dished, but they only had the flat ones in. still, bought it anyway for a tenner. Sunday came and so did the local boot sale where I found this (see picture) THREE BLOODY QUID!!!

On top of that, I had to buy a Sierra manual because the last one got misplaced. Bargain price of 50p, again at the boot sale. Came home tonight and guess what my better half had found that afternoon. Yeah, you’ve got it. BLOODY SIERRA MANUAL!!! Rescued attachment tool.jpg
Rescued attachment tool.jpg

A bit of slapstick never hurt anyone.

http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 20/7/04 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
now spend the same £3 on some goggles, those wires dont half dig in when they fly off.

James

posted on 20/7/04 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
For some reason Halfrauds only do the dished ones.

Having both types is best really- gives you more options- cup for large surfaces- dish for narrow stuff.

Jon's right about the goggles- an absolute must. I've had them go through several layers of clothes. Wear welding gauntlets too- I took the back of my (ungloved) hand off once with The Tool!

HTH,

James

Chris_R

posted on 20/7/04 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Wouldn’t be without them, the gauntlets that is. There’s been more than one occasion the grinder’s jumped onto my left hand whilst holding a part. I also have a plethora of eye protection, wouldn’t be without it.

Have also had the bristles pierce my overalls and jeans. Definitely less than comfortable, still, three quid Vs a tenner. Think that I’ll be going back when this one wears out.

A bit of slapstick never hurt anyone.

http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.