Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sealey/ERP Welder parts?
albertz

posted on 2/8/04 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
Sealey/ERP Welder parts?

I have an ERP 150A MIG welder, this welder is identical to the Sealey 150A. they are both manufactured at the same place by the same people and are just badged differently.

The problem that i have is that, the wire feed mechanism is sh*te and uses small plastic cog wheels which are prone to stripping if any unusual load is applied i.e. wire binding or snagging.

Is there anyone out there that has the same problem, who might have the plastic cog that i need. Or does anyone have one of these welders that they no longer use etc etc.

I actually got the welder for free, as the cog was stripped when i got it and the previous owner couldn't track down the company. I managed to find them in Hull and got a very helpful person who found the cog i needed in another damaged welder and sent it to me for 2 quid. Then, after about a year of welding, the problem has occurred again. This time i cannot get the helpful guy, only the jobsworth who "can only sell me the complete unit for 40 quid, plus VAT, plus delivery".

50 pound odd for a small plastic cog (probably costing 1-2p to manufacture) seems a bit much, for a Locoster anyway

If i have to pay it then so be it, as i cannot progress my build without the MIG, however i thought there may be an outside chance that someone here could help.............please?

Sorry about the long winded story

[Edited on 2/8/04 by albertz]

simonH

posted on 2/8/04 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
SEALEY MIG WELDER SPARES

saw this advert on ebay. the guy states he has other parts available hope it helps. ps not any connection to me

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64818&item=3830831601&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

albertz

posted on 2/8/04 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the link. i have asked the seller a question, so fingers crossed.

Thanks again.

Peteff

posted on 3/8/04 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look in wiper motor gearboxes at the scrapyard if you can get at any. They look very much like mig feed motors. You might be able to make something out of one fit in yours.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

albertz

posted on 17/8/04 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
I had given up hope of getting the part and phoned ERP to buy the replacement wire feed, the guy that answered was the same helpful guy from the first time and when i explained, he recognised me and said that he had few lying around and that he would strip it and send all the cogs to me - free of charge!!! He even had my address and didn't want to know about postage charges. What an absolute top gent.

Parts arrived today, as promised. Now i have a welder again, all i need now is some more steel......

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.