Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: That one special tool?
Jermyn

posted on 1/9/04 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
That one special tool?

I have a MIG welder, Air Compressor w/attachments, Chain Hoist, Parts Cleaner and Sandblaster. I can also get access to an ARC or Oxyacetelne welder. In fact, I have most of the tools necessary to complete my build.

However, I want to have all necessay tools on hand before I begin my build. So, I'm making a list. Aside from the hand tools listed in Champion's book, what tool did you need and for what use?

If life is a race do you want to be the first one to finish?

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 1/9/04 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Air rivet gun and a wire brush stuck on the cheapest small 5" grinder! AKA the tool, a credit card with a 120000 $ limit,
A fridge full of beer and a broadband connection the work area to have your computer nearby to ask those ........questions. oh yes and last .... the number of the best local pizza house that delivers. Sorted lol

Viper

posted on 1/9/04 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
and a kin great hammer

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jermyn

posted on 2/9/04 at 02:45 AM Reply With Quote
Air rivet tool is excellent. I have a hand riveter but I'm sure that will get old really quick.

I also bought an additional 4"grinder.... one has thick cup brush, one has grinding disk. Maybe another with sand flap disk? They are only about $20 and it saves a heck of a lot of time from having to switch attachments I've found. (Lazy)

If life is a race do you want to be the first one to finish?

Peteff

posted on 2/9/04 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Get one of these:-
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts=16209&id=12966
ans some of these:-
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts=16209&id=16872

They must be available in U.S. and are great for fetching weld down. They are not as damaging as gringing discs and last a lot longer. I keep one in a cheap grinder and it gets used all the time.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

splitrivet

posted on 3/9/04 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
A chop saw attachment to fit a large angle grinder,makes cutting up chassis parts a doddle and also makes your cuts both square and angled spot on.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.