Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone own a Harrison M250 lathe or have access to one?
RedAvon

posted on 18/8/21 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone own a Harrison M250 lathe or have access to one?

Hi Folks,

I've been trying to find and buy a rear chip/splash tray for my Harrison M250 for ages. If anyone owns or has access to one, I would appreciate some dimensions, pictures and fixing points please.

I've looked at a few pictures but they don't really show the full detail. Thinking of making one out of ali sheet.

Cheers
Ian

Bricoleur

Theshed

posted on 19/8/21 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
Yes I have one. I can measure it up for you. What dimensions do you need? Might be some photos in my archive as well. Mine is CNC - short bed.

I think it would be easy to make one. There is a double folded top edge which you might want to substitute a suitable square tube for. It rests at the bottom with the sheet on the inside and two tabs on the outside. It is held on by a single bolt to the headstock.

RedAvon

posted on 19/8/21 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
That would be much appreciated, thanks.

The rear of my tray is 124cm long and 15cm deep, think it's also the short bed. I've taken a couple of pictures of the holes in the head stock.

Essentially I could do with all dimensions and fixing points to make it as authentic as possible, if not too much trouble.

I will u2u my email address if you could reply with yours I can send the pics through and it will be easier for you to send any through to me.

Cheers

Bricoleur

Shooter63

posted on 20/8/21 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
I've got one that I don't use but you're a loooooong way away

Shooter

RedAvon

posted on 21/8/21 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

If you're willing to part with it, I would be happy to look into transport etc.

The Shed has been very helpful sending dimensions and suggested making it out of ali might not be best as it relies on weight to help hold in place, and I can't bend that size anyway.

I was starting to look into cutting up sheet steel into panels and welding up - but that's a big job.

I will u2u my email address for easier communication.

Cheers and thanks

Bricoleur

RedAvon

posted on 25/8/21 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Shooter,

I was wondering if you have had chance to consider selling the M250 chip tray? I sent a u2u the other day with my email address.

Cheers

Bricoleur

Shooter63

posted on 25/8/21 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
I don't mind selling it but I'm not interested in getting involved in posting it, I've had too much hassle in the past sorry

Shooter

RedAvon

posted on 25/8/21 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Shooter,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not bothered about condition, as it will be a lot less work than starting from scratch - I won't mess you about. Happy to do Paypal, bank transfer, send a cheque to clear in advance etc. to suit you.

If you could please u2u your postcode, I'll look into getting it picked up as I may know someone in your area, or price up a courier to collect, or collect it myself if possible.

It would be appreciated if you would consider giving me the chance to work something out to complete my lathe.

Cheers
Ian

Bricoleur

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.