Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: STEL welders.
GeoffT

posted on 28/2/05 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
STEL welders.

Hi,

There's a guy on ebay at the moment selling welding inverters at what seems a very attractive price. Trouble is they're branded STEL, a make I've never heard of.

The feedback looks pretty good, but I just wondered if anybody here has any experience/knowledge/don't touch 'em with a barge pole advice they could offer.

britishtrident

posted on 1/3/05 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
Some of the low end scratch start hobby tigs are very difficult to use while this unit looks decent quality I wouldn't think any TIG unit under 700 pounds is worth considering ----- I also have been watching the the market as I would really like a tig unit I expect the prices should start to fall but when is the questiion.
NS Dev

posted on 1/3/05 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Dunno about the STEL unit, but watch out saying things like that!!!

There are a couple of VERY good units around for under £700 with HF start, and full slope up/down control etc etc.

Just look at the GYS units from www.thewelderswarehouse.com

the GYS 130HF, 130 amp HF start plus all the proper features for £420, or the 160 amp version for £489, both incl VAT.

A mate of mine runs a part time business fabricating stainless steel tanks etc with one of these and gets on very well with it.

Mark Allanson

posted on 1/3/05 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
We have GYS stuff at work, very pleased with the performance and relaibility, just that the french named the spot welder, yes, youv'e guessed it, THE GYSPOT

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Peteff

posted on 1/3/05 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
yes, youv'e guessed it, THE GYSPOT

Do you have trouble finding it Mark? . I know where it is , I just can't put my finger on it.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Mark Allanson

posted on 1/3/05 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
I keep tripping over it in the dark!

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.