Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: piping up radator hoses and catch tank anybody have any drawings for 2003 R!
tony1066

posted on 2/10/08 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
piping up radator hoses and catch tank anybody have any drawings for 2003 R!

Pdlewis

posted on 2/10/08 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
I can remember who originally uploaded this so i have done it again into my archive

r1 cooling
r1 cooling

Build Photo Album

Updated 05/02/2009

GeorgeM

posted on 2/10/08 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Tony,

diagram above is same as the one I was
going to email to you.
Speak to you soon

GeorgeM

woops! see below

[Edited on 2/10/08 by GeorgeM]

bassett

posted on 2/10/08 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Mine wasnt like this. Mine had the T off for the oil cooler on the bottom hose with just a nut welded on the top hose which i presume is for a temp sender - Marc assured me this was how his run but id be interested to know if thats the hoses others were supplied.
Adam

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

GeorgeM

posted on 2/10/08 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Adam
you're right. I emailed the one you
are talking about to Tony, I think it
was from 'chockymonsters' site. The
nut is for the temp. sender take off for
the digidash
The one above is different. teach me to
look properly
IIRC the one above is how the bike is
connected

GeorgeM

mackei23b

posted on 3/10/08 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
If I'm right in thinking the bottom hose should be cooled water from the radiator that supplies the engine via the pump.

The output from the oil cooler should be heated water from the oil cooler, so it should route in to the top hose for cooling. If it's plumbed into the bottom hose, it should still work, however the cooled water from the radiator is now being diluted with some 'uncooled' water from the oil cooler. In this case the cooling system is not as effective as it could be.

Hope that makes sence?

Cheers

Ian

quote:
Originally posted by bassett
Mine wasnt like this. Mine had the T off for the oil cooler on the bottom hose with just a nut welded on the top hose which i presume is for a temp sender - Marc assured me this was how his run but id be interested to know if thats the hoses others were supplied.
Adam

TimC

posted on 3/10/08 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, that's one of Chockymonster's diagrams that I edited. For 'Wyn-Tech' (you don't want to know!) read thermostat obviously. I've actually had to use a series of 90 degree bends and hard pipes (including one specially fabricated) to route my bottom hose, but I've not seen anyone else's chassis bars welded quite like mine and hence require the same degree of complexity as mine.

While I think about it, there is also a 6mm vent/outlet at the top of the Polo rad. I've tied this to the top hose and run it back to the 6mm feed from the header tank where it's Tee'd in.

[Edited on 3/10/08 by TimC]

tony1066

posted on 3/10/08 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
thanks to everbodys reply about the piping of the catch tank and radatoor for the 2003 R!

chockymonster

posted on 6/10/08 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
That's how mine has been running for just under 2 years now and it's never caused me a problem.
The only issue I've had is sealing of the expansion tank cap on the expansion bottle.

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.