Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: *.MOV file player
locoboy

posted on 10/6/04 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
*.MOV file player

Hi dudes,

im messing about woth my digital camera and it takes movies, the maual says the output is "Quicktime Motion JPEG Support"

but when i try to play the movie in Media player it says that the file type im trying to play is not supported and the file displayed on the Camera (removable drive E) is *.MOV, are these file types different?

I also have a version of realplayer which wont play or identify *.MOV files either.

Is the *.MOV not a very common file type?

The software that came with the camera is Cammedia for Olympus cameras. I used to run this on my old machine but it came with quicktime and i hate viewing poiccys in quicktime and i couldnt get my pc to un-default from quicktime when viewing piccys.

I now run XP and use paint shop pro for viewing the piccys but have nothing to view the *.MOV files.

Is there some update i can download to upgrade my media player to be able to play it or am i gonna have to load the cammedia olympus camera sftware back on and get hacked off with having to view piccys in quicktime?

Any advice appreciated.

ATB
Locoboy

Hellfire

posted on 10/6/04 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Col,
IIRC the .mov is an apple filetype and is pretty exclusive to Quicktime. I thought Windows Media played it tho' have you tried it yet?

I'll have a scrounge round for you...

HERE is a shareware download - don't know if it's any good or not.

[Edited on 10-6-04 by Hellfire]

tr

posted on 12/6/04 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
Quicktime Alternative

This will install the Quicktime Codecs without actually installing any of the Quicktime junk apple prefere you to have. A Real Alternative also exists for Real Media Files...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locoboy

posted on 13/6/04 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
cheers TR, downloaded it and it works a treat.

Thanks

ATB
Locoboy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.