Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Email Help
I love speed :-P

posted on 18/7/04 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
Email Help

When using outlook, i have just got a new problem, i can send emails 2 any1, expect to hotmail, this is a new problem, can some 1 plz help me

Thank You Very much

Philip Moreton

P.s. the error

Description
Description

[Edited on 18/7/2004 by I love speed :-P]

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Chris_R

posted on 18/7/04 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
Does this happen to any Hotmail address or just one? If it's happening to just one it may be that the inbox of the person you're sending to is full. If not check your firewall isn't blocking it.

A bit of slapstick never hurt anyone.

http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

posted on 18/7/04 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
I have been playing with it, and tried 3 hotmail emails, and 2 other emails, the 2 other 1's work, but the hotmails dont, and i have also, disabled my firewall, so i still dont no

Don't Steal

Chris_R

posted on 18/7/04 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
Well, unfortunately that's the extent of my technical knowhow. You could always try turning hotmail off and back on again. That's what a Techie would suggest.

A bit of slapstick never hurt anyone.

http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/

N*E*R*D

posted on 18/7/04 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Just a thought here
it looks like the locostbuilders.com smtp server could of been set not to alow hotmail.com adress forwarding,
or maby the look up for the locostbuilders.com mail server can't find/ has corrupt MX record for the hotmail.com domain.
try to get the person who run's this service to flush the DNS records and restart the service.
but it sounds more like a server fault than your client mate.

J

[Edited on 18/7/04 by N*E*R*D]

[Edited on 18/7/04 by N*E*R*D]

posted on 18/7/04 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
i think its best 2 speak 2 chris w

Don't Steal

posted on 26/7/04 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
if any wants 2 no <if they have the same problem> i have fixed it using this information from another site

quote:

Go to the mail account properties - go to the servers tab. There's a checkbox to turn on "server requires authentication". This will make the "Settings" button active. Click the settings button, and enter your account and password in the required boxes.

Philip Moreton

Don't Steal

ChrisW

posted on 27/7/04 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
You shouldn't be using mail.locostbuilders.co.uk as your outgoing server. Use your ISP's one (eg mail.btinternet.com or whatever)

Chris

My gaff my rules

posted on 1/8/04 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
sry, chris didnt no that, sry

Don't Steal

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.