Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tesco dialup con
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 28/10/04 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
Tesco dialup con

Tescos are making it a B******D to disco the dial up. The customer service line just rings out. DAY or NIGHT we tried several numbers and no joy. We phoned the Broadband line and they cant help the dialup customers unless you are ugrading to BB. Now we tried that and they cant service this node. So trading standards are on to the job.....so he gave the wife some other numbers of the local store who gave us another number that turned out to be the direct customer service line that the stores use. 0800 505555 yep
we had results.
The other half phoned BT and they set the Broadband up in 6 days. Well done BT. Plug and play

So we are BROADBANDED at long last.

phelpsa

posted on 28/10/04 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Wow, thats exactly what we did!!

Exactly the same scenario (tesco, BT)

Adam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
splitrivet

posted on 28/10/04 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
To be fair to other Broadband providers mango most of the time it isnt them but BT. They are very slow at servicing third party providers.
The broadband you get from Aol ,Tesco ,wannadoo etc etc all comes out of the same exchange on the same equipment only the name is changed.
Aol told me that broadband was in my area in June,I finally got it last week !!!
This wasnt Aol's fault, BT hadnt put it into the exchange when they said they were going to.

As for BT broadband its a bunch of crap what with the download capping policy they have in force,one of the main reasons you have broadband is for its downloading speed.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

zilspeed

posted on 28/10/04 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
I had 2Mb cable at my last address. All good and well but probably a bit excessive. When we moved it was ADSL or dialup. BT have been genuinely fine for us. Turned it on when they said they would and it's worked ever since.
The real turning point was the wireless router. Broadband really makes sense with one of those installed.
I have a server under the stairs feeding all the media to the laptop which I use wherever I'm at in the house.

Superb

phelpsa

posted on 28/10/04 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Same as us Zilspeed!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.