Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I like Firefox, what about Thunderbird?
Northy

posted on 13/12/04 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
I like Firefox, what about Thunderbird?

I've just started using Firefox tonight after getting sick of IE6 crashing all the time. I really liked the way it imported all my saved stuff!

What about Thunderbird? Will that import all my contacts and saved emails etc? Outlook has lost the contents of my inbox twice in about the last 3 months, so would love to sack it off also!

Cheers

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Staple balls

posted on 15/12/04 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, thunderbird should import/save everything fine

britishtrident

posted on 15/12/04 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Thunderbird is pretty good but isn't perfect --- ideal for mail but as a news client it isn't as good as Outlaw Express -- it however much more secure from virus/trojan/worm threats.
Only thing to watch with Thunderbird is when you eventually move to another PC it has no inbuilt way to export or back up mail and adress books. To do that you need a Windows only program called Mozbackup which can also backup Firefox settings.
With thunderbird it is worth spending time setting up spam tagging and rules for spam deletion working properly.

The next stage after Thunderbird is to dip your toes in the Linux waters -- easier than most people think.

[Edited on 15/12/04 by britishtrident]

Staple balls

posted on 15/12/04 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
you can back up manually too, it just takes a bit of poking about to find the folder.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.