Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: what free website hosting
02GF74

posted on 18/1/16 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
what free website hosting

I am looking for free website hosting that can be developed by hand crafted html and javascript.

From what I can tell, Simple site and Wix provide tools for laying out pages but give no access to the web site folders or page source.

When I was using a friend's site on One site, there was tool that can layout pages but there was access to folders and source except that it is not free.

Basically I'm looking at something like One site but for free, is there such a thing?

[Edited on 18/1/16 by 02GF74]

nick205

posted on 18/1/16 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
I've used www.doteasy.com for many years - it's cheap to buy a domain name and free to build a site - I did teach myself HTML coding to do it, but I believe they offer free site building tools as well.

HTML is quite easy to learn and gives you a fine level of control over layout etc. Free tools may be more constrained in what they provide, but I've not used them myself.

Doteasy also provides you with the ability to create email addresses using a domain name. I've done this as well and it works well.

gremlin1234

posted on 18/1/16 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
I know people who use weebly.com, the free one puts a small banner at the bottom of the page.

for just hosting look at 000webhost.com

Chris_Xtreme

posted on 18/1/16 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
possibly your broadband provider may offer you webspace.. so not for free, but you are already paying for it.
02GF74

posted on 18/1/16 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, good point about bb provider .....
.... except that "Unfortunately we are no longer offering our Webspace service to new customers."

.... so back to square one

[Edited on 18/1/16 by 02GF74]

Dick Axtell

posted on 18/1/16 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Website Building

Serif's (Serif.com) WebPlus package is an easy-to-use software, which provides the user with an on-screen view of the page layout, together with a range of editing facilities.

WebEasy 9 is now in clearance sale at :-

http://lp.avanquest.com/UK/FULL/2015/AQ_UK_FUL_WAREHOUSE_CLR_5_0116_ADHOC/lp.cfm?rs2=AQ_UK_EM_WAREHOUSE_CLR_0116_Adhoc&rs4=AQ_UK_EM_WAREHOUSE _CLR_0116_Adhoc&optin=1

As regards free website hosting, I will be very interested to see what's available. We (a vehicle enthusiasts club) used to use AbleGratis, until they started charging, a few years ago. Now we use iPage.com, and pay for a 3-year, low-cost(!!!) period.

You may recall that Yahoo provided free hosting on their Geocities set up. That went for a ball o' chalk 4/5 years ago, although they did give everyone prior notice.

[Edited on 18/1/16 by Dick Axtell]

[Edited on 18/1/16 by Dick Axtell]

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

loggyboy

posted on 18/1/16 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
Been using 000webhost with no issues for last 5-6 years.

Mistral Motorsport

Slimy38

posted on 18/1/16 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
I use easyspace, it's £2 a month for some gigabytes and some email. Oh, and a free domain...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.