Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BBC listen again recording.
bigandy

posted on 18/11/05 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
BBC listen again recording.

Afternoon all.

Does anyoe know if it is possible to download or record any of the BBC listen again broadcasts?

Cheers
ANdy

Dammit! Too many decisions....

greggors84

posted on 18/11/05 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
Im sure i have come across programs that allow the recording of streamed audio. Do a search on www.downloads.com, you may find something on there.

Sorry but i cant remember any of the names.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

Hellfire

posted on 18/11/05 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
Opening your Windows Recorder whilst having the player in the background should allow you to record in .wav format. Nero allows recording in MP3 format easy enough... make sure you have record from output or similar enabled.

Chris_R

posted on 18/11/05 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
I may, or may not, have used software called All Sound Recorder to record the last Marc & Lard show from said facility.

[Edited on 18/11/05 by Chris_R]

A bit of slapstick never hurt anyone.

http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
SixedUp

posted on 18/11/05 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Opening your Windows Recorder whilst having the player in the background should allow you to record in .wav format. Nero allows recording in MP3 format easy enough... make sure you have record from output or similar enabled.

This only gives you an analogue copy of the stream though. Having said that, they've turned the quality down so much that you'd not notice the difference

The big issue is that you can only record while you are listening, so an hours programme takes an hour to record. Not exactly a good use of time.

Cheers
Richard

SixedUp

posted on 18/11/05 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
... so, what you really want are:

URL Snooper, and
Streambox VCR Suite v2.

URL Snooper monitors streaming connections, and gives you the URL of the source (gets around the fact that the BBC try to hide where their streams are coming from)

Streambox VCR Suite can download and save streaming media (including the RealAudio stuff that the BBC uses). It can also convert RealAudio into MP3, which is pretty essential. The big plus is that by doing this, you get the original digital copy that they are streaming, and you get it as fast as your connection can deliver it.

I can download and convert to MP3 a 30minute radio show in a few minutes. I like some of the serialised books and plays, but never get to listen to them all live, so I find it useful to download them, convert them to MP3's and then listen to them on the train or in the car the following week.

Cheers
Richard

[Edited on 18/11/05 by SixedUp]

bigandy

posted on 18/11/05 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
Wow, thanks for the suggestions folks. I've tried that Streambox software, and it works a treat!

The stream I have got has come through at 32KBps. Is that rate usually limited by my internet connection (1Meg Broadband) or the source?

Cheers
Andy

Dammit! Too many decisions....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.