Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: sabelt harnessesesssess
roadrunner

posted on 29/8/06 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
sabelt harnessesesssess

Does anyone have method of keeping 4 point belts tight while driving , as mine come loose.
andrews_45

posted on 29/8/06 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Pork pies, work for me every time
DIY Si

posted on 29/8/06 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
They shouldn't come loose at all! But pie eating helps a lot.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

Crazy Jay

posted on 29/8/06 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
class!
roadrunner

posted on 29/8/06 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds good to , PIES it is then.
diyer

posted on 29/8/06 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
To be honest I get the same problem as well...anybody got any serious suggestions?????? he he

Hug a Hoodie!

Carbonman2

posted on 29/8/06 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
try CHIPS instead then
ReMan

posted on 29/8/06 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by diyer
To be honest I get the same problem as well...anybody got any serious suggestions?????? he he

Me too, i'm fed up with them in a month.
What seems to help is getting them very tight in the first place, not so bad then but they still loosen after a while.
Maybe we should speak to the maufactureres and see what they suggest?

[Edited on 29/8/06 by ReMan]

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

zetec7

posted on 30/8/06 at 06:42 AM Reply With Quote
I saw some belts once (in a race car, I think) where someone had stitched Velcro onto the back of the nylon pull tabs, and a matching strip onto the belts. Pull down to tighten, stick the Velcro down, belt stays tight.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Chazzy

posted on 30/8/06 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
I usually only retighten once a trip, i think its due to being settled down into the seat after a few good turns and blasts. keeping tension on the buckle should stop it undoing, ie tight.

I was told to do the lap belt first,tight as poss, then pinch up the shoulder straps.

the velcro would stop me getting whipped by the loose end.
chas

[Edited on 30/8/06 by Chazzy]

rusty nuts

posted on 30/8/06 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Tried the self adhesive velcro from Car Builders Solutions , unfortunatly the adhesive isn't too good but it stops the belts loosening and the ends hitting you in the face. Going to try making some elastic straps to do the job
DIY Si

posted on 30/8/06 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Can' say I've ever had a harness come loose on me. They do tend to need tightening once or maybe twice, but as said only after you've settled into the seat fully. The harness should hold itself if done up tight enough to start with. I do mine up so it's hard to breathe then back off the slightest bit.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

roadrunner

posted on 7/9/06 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
After trial and error , i've decided , if you keep the lapp belt low and fairly tight , it shoud'nt come loose.
David Jenkins

posted on 8/9/06 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
I find it best to adjust the lap belt while it's undone - tighten it, try to fasten it, adjust and repeat until I can only just do it up (pies again!). Only then do I pull on the shoulder straps.

There was a BTCC race on TV a couple of months ago: they had a camera in Jason Plato's car and they were showing him doing up his harnesses. He started with his lap belt, tightening it until he could barely fasten it... then he undid it and made it tighter! Only when he'd got the lap belt fully tight did he even start with the other 4 straps.

David

DarrenW

posted on 8/9/06 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
I find it best to adjust the lap belt while it's undone - tighten it, try to fasten it, adjust and repeat until I can only just do it up (pies again!). Only then do I pull on the shoulder straps.

There was a BTCC race on TV a couple of months ago: they had a camera in Jason Plato's car and they were showing him doing up his harnesses. He started with his lap belt, tightening it until he could barely fasten it... then he undid it and made it tighter! Only when he'd got the lap belt fully tight did he even start with the other 4 straps.

David

This was kind of how i was taught to do them up, albeit not quite as tight on the lap belt.

Ref velcro - B&Q also do a range of velcro, ive used the very heavy duty stuff to good effect before in other uses. For the belts i guess it could also be tacked in place (stitches that is not mig welded!) assuming this doesnt have an impact on the strength of the webbing. Maybe even a few spots of superglu in the corners might help keep it in place (the velcro that is not the seat belts straps!).

DarrenW

posted on 8/9/06 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Just thought - are the sliding bits nice and free moving. I noticed on mine they were a bit sticky after driving in wet weather. This might affect how they grip the webbing and hold it tight. Maybe a small amount of vaseline might help.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.