Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Drunk driver kills 4, gets probation for being too rich to know better.
scudderfish

posted on 13/12/13 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
Drunk driver kills 4, gets probation for being too rich to know better.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/12/teen_who_killed_4_drunk_driving_claims_affluenza_gets_probation.html
Texan

posted on 14/12/13 at 04:25 AM Reply With Quote
And tonight a lady got 70 years for stealing a weed wacker & power washer. Both of these were right here very close to me.

I can't figure out either sentence, except for one thing. The lady had been arrested for soliciting a murder, drugs, abuse to a child, drugs and multiple thefts before. So if I squint my eyes I can sort of understand hers, but "the kid's parents never told him No" defense leaves me speechless.

The courtroom never told him No either. Fortunately there is a petition to have the Judge relieved of his duties.

I drive therefore I am.

Ivan

posted on 14/12/13 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
I have no problem with the sentence excepting that if the court found that bad parenting was to blame then the parents should be the ones going to jail.

Of course the court finding possibly opens the way for the parents to be sued in civil court for damages.

[Edited on 14/12/13 by Ivan]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.