Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Car stereo oddness.
NigeEss

posted on 16/12/13 at 12:27 AM Reply With Quote
Car stereo oddness.

Not been able to listen to the radio for ages in the Landy after I bust the aerial so fitted a new one today only
to still get no reception, just static.
So I dig out a spare radio, another Sony, virtually identical except a mini disc rather than CD (and worked when I
removed it from my old Astra) and again just static.
So now thinking it's a dodgy aerial I took the Pioneer out of my van and it worked perfectly. Then tried both Sony
units in the van and nothing but static !

Weird that both units should fail in the same way especially as one hasn't been used since removed about five
years ago. Checked if the "local" setting was off and it was.

So, anyone got a cheap unit they don't want ?

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

Not Anumber

posted on 9/1/14 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
It sounds to me like a loose connection in the aerial lead.

I had this once and found the radio would only work when the aerial lead was held at an angle where it goes into the plug, i messed about with taping the thing in position for a while but ended up just cutting it off and soldering on a new plug. I sorted another one out for someone where the aerial and earth connectors were touching in the plug. Aerial plugs dont seem very durable and manufacturers seem to rely on the things not being disturbed.

My suggestion would be to try one of the radios with a few feet of bellwire held into the aerial socket on the stereo, it should be enough to pick up strong radio stations and prove the point.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.