Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I quite like the look of this
ProjectLMP

posted on 31/1/04 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
I quite like the look of this

This is the first Daytona prototype car that I actually like the look of. Would be neat to build a scaled down version perhaps with a subaru drivetrain or maybe bike engined powered. They are relatively simple construction by modern race car standards. Space frame with stressed gearbox. More pictures at www.grand-am.com

Home of the Astronomicalcost Mid engined LMP project

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 31/1/04 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, I quite like it too..

Have you been watching the Rolex 24?
There are a few nice ones. I was tempted to go and watch (only 2 hours away) but decided to work on mine instead.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ProjectLMP

posted on 31/1/04 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, keep looking in on the race in between working on the car.

fia289

posted on 31/1/04 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote
The new Crawford is a looker as well a performer...

It's not just a pretty Daytona Prototype(most of them are ugly), but a beatifull race car period

A subaru powered version sure would be nice to build
Fred

[Edited on 31/1/04 by fia289]

Alan B

posted on 1/2/04 at 12:30 AM Reply With Quote
For those who don't know the Crawford (included me...)....

Alan B

posted on 1/2/04 at 12:36 AM Reply With Quote
Is it just me, or do they look VERY similar?

Unless Fred meant.."Yes, Paul....... the Crawford is a good looker" .......and they ARE the same....

[Edited on 1/2/04 by Alan B]

ProjectLMP

posted on 1/2/04 at 12:43 AM Reply With Quote
There the same car.

Alan B

posted on 1/2/04 at 12:47 AM Reply With Quote
Good I'm not losing it then......

Well not today perhaps...

kb58

posted on 1/2/04 at 01:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alan B
Yes, I quite like it too..

Have you been watching the Rolex 24?
There are a few nice ones. I was tempted to go and watch (only 2 hours away) but decided to work on mine instead.

Similar situation here. There's a regional and national SCCA race at California Speedway today. It's been years since I've been to any racing event, and a buddy's car is in it.

Nope, I feel more a sense of accomplishment working on the car, so I did. At the end of the day I can literally see progress, as opposed to looking at other people's cars. Someday...

fia289

posted on 1/2/04 at 02:53 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry about that Alan,

That's what I meant they are the same.....

Fred

Alan B

posted on 1/2/04 at 04:22 AM Reply With Quote
Hey Fred..no problem....

Terrapin eh?.....how's it going?

Must admit that High Speed Low Cost has probably made more impression on me than Ron's book...

fia289

posted on 1/2/04 at 04:44 AM Reply With Quote
I received the plans last week. I had been collecting parts for a few months... I'll be making some small changes like an R1 engine and replacing the mini corner with some suzuki swift parts. I should be cutting some steel within the next 3 weeks. The beggining of a fun journey.

I really wanted a learners project since my ultimate goal is to build somting like Paul project....

You see in my case I read Ron's book first, so I started planning my build, buying a few thing , but I never really liked the looks of the 7: Call me crazy. Than I discovered the High Speed Lowcost book: A single seater with the engine in the right place... Plus I always had a foundness for the sixties single seaters... That was it I had to build it..

Fred

[Edited on 1/2/04 by fia289]

Alan B

posted on 1/2/04 at 05:30 AM Reply With Quote
Cool....

Well, this is the right place to be for good info. and ideas...

suparuss

posted on 1/2/04 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
nice looking car, i like the unusual windscreen shape.
tis the look im going for, hopefully.

fia289

posted on 1/2/04 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
I do intend to call on your common as things creep up knowledge here and on the BEC section

Fred

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.