Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Doggy's Not Well...
scootz

posted on 25/3/10 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Doggy's Not Well...

Poor Kali's just not been herself for a couple of weeks, so off to the Vet she went this morning.

Now getting a hysterectomy

It's Evolution Baby!

cd.thomson

posted on 25/3/10 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
my cat was fine last night and pretty seriously ill this morning. Can't get her to the vets until tonight so hope she lasts through the day. Thing with cats is they can basically live off steroid injections.

My last cat, sammy, was dying of liver disease when we took him to the vet, then continued to live 5 more years with a steroid injection every few months .

My dogs get spayed/neutered by the rescue centres we get them from so never had one go in for a hysterectomy. Hope things go well

[Edited on 25/3/10 by cd.thomson]

Craig

blakep82

posted on 25/3/10 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
my cat had that when she was little she's fine now. she a really really nasty infection in there, she just went outside and we didn't see her for 2 days, found her laying under a bush. vet said if we hadn't taken her in that day she'd have died

she's fine now but she went from being fearless to being terrified of everything, including people, random paper bags on the floor, t-shirts etc. so be prepared for a change in her.

she'll be fine though

[Edited on 25/3/10 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

boggle

posted on 25/3/10 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
hope you doggie gets better soon....

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

scootz

posted on 25/3/10 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
We've never had any worries about unwanted puppies as we live on a farm and there are no boy dogs in the area... and even if there were, then I would make it my business to let them know not to do that to any of my girlies!

Having said that, our older dog Tara also had a hysterectomy at about the 8 year mark and she had quite a hard time recovering from it (although she's 15 now... ancient for a Rottie!), so will speak to the vet about the pro's and con's of getting the young dog done now that she's 2 and (hopefully) stopped growing.

It's Evolution Baby!

Daddylonglegs

posted on 25/3/10 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
Boy is she gonna love you when she comes round. When we had my old dog done, she gave me that 'YOU DID THIS!' look

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

Steve Hignett

posted on 25/3/10 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hope she's ok after!

doggy
doggy

coozer

posted on 25/3/10 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
My little helper has been in for 2 eye ops the last few months, now when I say 'drops' he sits down and tilts his head back
scootz

posted on 25/3/10 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
She's home... a little groggy, but seems okay!

It's Evolution Baby!

David Jenkins

posted on 26/3/10 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
How's she doing today?

scootz

posted on 26/3/10 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
She's perking up, thanks! Still a bit sore, but moving around and waggling her stubby tail!

Having to keep the baby-elephant (Poppy-the-Puppy) away from her though because she keeps trying to jump on Kali's head. This is karma in action I suppose as when Tara had her hysterectomy, Kali was a bloomin nuisance to her!

It's Evolution Baby!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.