Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: what fuel pump and so on?
xico_ze54

posted on 5/7/16 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
what fuel pump and so on?

hi all

I am wondering about a construction of a reverse trike using a 2001 suzuki GSXF600 I have in my garage and, as seen many times, using the rear of the bike frame already attached with the engine, but not sounds as a bike without front fork "glued" to a front part of a car.

one thing I am trying to tune up in my head is that the custom fuel tank would be located in bottom of the chassis. so a fuel pump would be required, plus some kind of flow regulator and so on.

what I want for now is if someone that has already did this, or have the know-how, tell me what type of fuel pump and all the surround ancilars would I need in a way to full understand the whole gas intake system.

one more thing, the car would be a single seater and used just for shows and perhaps made a hill climbing nearby my town, in a way to that fuel system would nead a tiny fuel tank to run a few kilometers or so at a time.

thanks in advance.

Amadeu Pires

[Edited on 5/7/16 by xico_ze54]

http://www.viseudesign.com/Sevenesque-36.htm

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
40inches

posted on 5/7/16 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
Use the pump etc from the bike, it doesn't matter where the tank is placed, the bike pump will deal with it.
xico_ze54

posted on 5/7/16 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
Use the pump etc from the bike, it doesn't matter where the tank is placed, the bike pump will deal with it.

this bike uses a petcock, not a electric pump.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
40inches

posted on 5/7/16 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xico_ze54
quote:

Isn't the GSXF 600 EFI?
It appears it has carbs. Use a bike carb fuel pump, the Kawasaki will work fine, they are self regulating.
This is mine.
Fuel pump mounting
Fuel pump mounting
Fuel pump mounting, close up

[Edited on 5-7-16 by 40inches]

xico_ze54

posted on 5/7/16 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Isn't the GSXF 600 EFI?
It appears it has carbs. Use a bike carb fuel pump, the Kawasaki will work fine, they are self regulating.
This is mine.
Fuel pump mounting
Fuel pump mounting

thanks for help but I seems to be your particular choice and I don't know it would work in my case.

anyway I will wait for someone who tells me somtething more squematic with parts that I can buy easily.

Adam

posted on 5/7/16 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
On my triabusa i have my tanks behind my seat, they feed a facey pump ( http://www.fuelpumpsonline.co.uk/facet-posi-flow-pumps-1819-c.asp) which pumps upto a swirl pot mounted higher than the standard busa pump that feed the injectors. Simple set up really.

[Edited on 5/7/16 by Adam]

[Edited on 5/7/16 by Adam]

roadrunner

posted on 5/7/16 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
What's the idea behind the swirl pot.
I'll be trying to get my ZX10R engine completed soon and the standard Kwak pump won't like my plastic fuel tank.

Brad.

r1_pete

posted on 5/7/16 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
All you need is a pump from any carburetor fed bike 600cc +, they are mostly made by Mitsubishi, and are much the same as one another, just the pipe connector orientation will vary.

You'll need a filter too, I'd go with one between the tank and pump, keep the pump as low as possible, they will pump uphill, but they do not like sucking uphill. No need for a regulator, the pumps only push 1 or 2 psi so the carb floats can easily handle it.

40inches

posted on 5/7/16 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
All you need is a pump from any carburetor fed bike 600cc +, they are mostly made by Mitsubishi, and are much the same as one another, just the pipe connector orientation will vary.

You'll need a filter too, I'd go with one between the tank and pump, keep the pump as low as possible, they will pump uphill, but they do not like sucking uphill. No need for a regulator, the pumps only push 1 or 2 psi so the carb floats can easily handle it.

Bit like mine then Pete?

40inches

posted on 5/7/16 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Isn't the GSXF 600 EFI?
This is mine.
Fuel pump mounting
Fuel pump mounting

thanks for help but I seems to be your particular choice and I don't know it would work in my case.

anyway I will wait for someone who tells me somtething more squematic with parts that I can buy easily.

Not sure what you mean?
The photo is of a Kawasaki ZX6/9R pump and filter unit, feeding bike carbs. Easily found on ebay and exactly what you need!

r1_pete

posted on 5/7/16 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Bit like mine then Pete?

Exactly - I doubt it will feed that Jag lump though

40inches

posted on 5/7/16 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bit like mine then Pete?

Exactly - I doubt it will feed that Jag lump though

What makes you think that? It's only 3.3 times larger displacement

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.