Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any Dentists Here?
mistergrumpy

posted on 17/3/08 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
Any Dentists Here?

Are there any dentists on here? I've got an upper wisdom tooth pushing through. Seems to push a bit every so often but its coming through squint like the other did on the other side and its cutting my cheek,limiting my gob movement (no loss there!) and I seem to be getting kinda cheek ache and a pain behind my ear. I just wanted to know if a dentist would pull it as its only maybe 1mm through. Don't want to have to pay a dentist a load of money for them to turn me around within a minute and say no. I put up with the other one for years before having it pulled (was rotten) and I'm kinda in two minds to do again but its pissing me off summat chronic. Any ideas?

Confused but excited.

posted on 17/3/08 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
Ouch, sorry to hear that.
I have removed a few teeth in my time, but feel that in this instance, I am not qualified to pass an opinion.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

mistergrumpy

posted on 18/3/08 at 12:45 AM Reply With Quote
You know I might have tried to remove it myself.Just keep at it slowly,it'll only hurt for a short time and lot but I saw how deep rooted the last one was. I don't think I stand a chance

Mr Whippy

posted on 18/3/08 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
Go to a pub where there's a bikers convention and shout “THIS IS A HOLD UP!”, they'll remove it for you

[Edited on 18/3/08 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 18/3/08 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Go to a pub where there's a bikers convention and shout “THIS IS A HOLD UP!”, they'll remove it for you

[Edited on 18/3/08 by Mr Whippy]

Or 'Who's Harley did I just knock over'
Personally I'd go to a Dentist and have it pulled.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

mistergrumpy

posted on 18/3/08 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
Aye but will they pull it with it only protruding so little?

iank

posted on 18/3/08 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy

Don't see why not if it's causing pain, my dentist seem quite disappointed when mine came through and had to admit that 'it looks like there's enough room for them'

Aren't they paid per procedure these day? if so pulling a tooth is putting the Merc on the drive as it were.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Mr Whippy

posted on 18/3/08 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy

not a problem, he'll use one of these...

ho ho ho Rescued attachment dentist.jpg
Rescued attachment dentist.jpg

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt_claydon

posted on 18/3/08 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
Extractions are actually quite cheap compared to other things (like the root canal I recently had to pay for ) I'm lucky to pay NHS rates but these are the private rates for my dentist: http://www.promenade-dental.co.uk/
Extraction is £40 or £60.

thomas4age

posted on 19/3/08 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
believe me if it starts hurting bad, it obviously isn't yet cause you wouldn't be able to type at all. you'd whish you'd had payed a dentist to remove it.

i've had my fair share of meetings with the man in white, and still happy I know him.

grtz thomas

If Lucas made guns, Wars wouldn't start either.

Macbeast

posted on 19/3/08 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
It'll start hurting at 6pm on Friday with the whole weekend before you

Get it done now! You know you want to.

mistergrumpy

posted on 19/3/08 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
Aye I do want it done. Its on a bit of a calm at the mo. Went to the local dentist yesterday who said they were private and to contact NHS. I said I just want the tooth looking at and pulling if poss. No can do, busy and can't find a price list anyhow. Righto, so I rings NHS line who says the only one near me isn't open till 1st April but if I'm in pain try the emergency number. Righto! I've been turned away from here once they told me they were only for kids. Finally got through after phone was engaged to be told they're full and to ring after quarter past 5. Pish to that, I'm busy, got a car to build.
You're probably right it'll flair again over the bank holiday. I've been up all night with it in the past and nearly took my file to it Still, I find beer helps a lot

zilspeed

posted on 22/3/08 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
A modern dentist - like the ones we have now, not the butchers of our youth -can pull a root with no tooth left protruding. How they do it, I do not know, but they most certainly can. If they can do that, your wisdom tooth is a walk on the park.

Get thee to the dentist.

eznfrank

posted on 22/3/08 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
If you want it done on the cheap and you aint registered with a dentist some of the universities do work for free. Not sure about anywhere else but Leeds has one, you just rock up and some spotty student will whip it out for you (under supervision of a proper dentist of course).
zilspeed

posted on 22/3/08 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
In Glasgow, it's under the supervision of a maxillofacial surgeon.

I went there once and they found a cyst inside my sinus cavities which my GP had been attempting to treat unsuccesfully for maybe 15 years.

Well well worth trying.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.