Car designer on acid trip!!
FFTS - 6/6/10 at 09:28 PM

This is what happens

Acid trip link

[Edited on 6/6/10 by FFTS]

MakeEverything - 6/6/10 at 09:36 PM

Thats just Awful!

mookaloid - 6/6/10 at 09:36 PM

even if that did 200 mph and 0-60 in 3 seconds it is still unforgivably ugly and I couldn't bring myself to accept it as a gift never mind giving money for it

flibble - 6/6/10 at 09:38 PM

At least it looks happy (from the front view anyway)

ashg - 6/6/10 at 09:38 PM

i just got a really nasty shiver down my back when that page opened

Staple balls - 6/6/10 at 09:43 PM

Nah, that's not acid (unless it was a really, really bad trip)

I reckon someone's tried to make the elephant man in car form.

FFTS - 6/6/10 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Staple balls
Nah, that's not acid (unless it was a really, really bad trip)

I reckon someone's tried to make the elephant man in car form.

Not often my other half comes out with something clever or witty but this time not bad...

She says it should be called a merick mobile

RichardK - 6/6/10 at 09:51 PM

What is that thing
What is that thing

tegwin - 6/6/10 at 10:07 PM

I dont get cars like that..... surley when it was designed and when the molds were being produced they might have had a vague inkling that they would not be able to sell many of them!!??!!!???

ReMan - 6/6/10 at 10:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
I dont get cars like that..... surley when it was designed and when the molds were being produced they might have had a vague inkling that they would not be able to sell many of them!!??!!!???

I would value the opinion of friends, relatives or even customers to tell me that I was going so wrong.
Enemies/competitors must have been egging it on and laughing behind the disigners back.
The sad thing is that the qualioty of the finioshed article looks fine, it would take only the same effort to do the same with some thing more " pleasing on the eye!"

iank - 7/6/10 at 06:31 AM

FFTS, you do know you own(ed) a car designed by the same man (David Golightly)

nick205 - 7/6/10 at 09:39 AM

I was going to say it might be alright once your in the drivers seat and can't see so much of the exterior.

However, I suspect the stares from passers by and other motorists would not let you forget what you're doing.

blue2cv - 7/6/10 at 11:21 AM

Whats worse, the fact someone designed it like it or the fact someone bought one

gingerprince - 7/6/10 at 01:06 PM

Would be better as a boat - at least half of it would be submerged and out of sight

Staple balls - 7/6/10 at 01:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gingerprince
Would be better as a boat - at least half of it would be submerged and out of sight

By that logic, it'd be a bloody great submarine.

cd.thomson - 7/6/10 at 01:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gingerprince

we could go over an offer to push it into a lake?

from the top of a very high cliff.

bigpig - 7/6/10 at 02:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by flibble
At least it looks happy (from the front view anyway)

Egads to me it looks like a foreskin thats a bit too long for its contents and droops over at the end.

Rod Ends - 7/6/10 at 02:58 PM

You can see where it got its good looks from

Nash - 7/6/10 at 04:10 PM

Yor're all missing the point chaps, It's Thunderbird 4 with wheels added to disguise it. I bet it's called Tracy ?

.........Neil

[Edited on 7/6/10 by Nash]

Humbug - 7/6/10 at 04:37 PM

What a shame! The quality of the work and some of the detailing looks really good, but at the end of the day it's still something that you wouldn't want to look at even on a dark night with no street lights and a blindfold on

flibble - 7/6/10 at 05:24 PM

Marcus - 7/6/10 at 05:48 PM

Just because you can make something like that doesn't mean you should!!

Saying that, seems a lot of car for 2k...

FFTS - 8/6/10 at 06:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by iank

I guess you mean the FunBuggy?

Well all I can say is I'm glad his rehab at the priory worked and he was going straight at the time he designed it

Benonymous - 8/6/10 at 06:53 AM

Gaaaak! This thing was obviously designed by someone who strongly believed that they could design a car...... but couldn't

iank - 8/6/10 at 07:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by FFTS
quote:
Originally posted by iank

I guess you mean the FunBuggy?

Well all I can say is I'm glad his rehab at the priory worked and he was going straight at the time he designed it

Yep it was originally the onyx tomcat. But IIRC it came before that one which strangely didn't sell well. Onyx have now moved on to Bugatti type 37 replicas.

http://www.onyxsportscars.f9.co.uk/id21.htm