Board logo

First MOT
shortcircuit - 16/3/21 at 08:21 AM

shortcircuit - 16/3/21 at 09:01 AM

Sorry I have not got my head round edit, preview.

Have now received my V5C for my Q reg Leugo. Do I need an immediate MOT or is first in three years time? Good service from DVLA.

40inches - 16/3/21 at 09:14 AM

Should be 3 years from date of registration on V5c

shortcircuit - 16/3/21 at 09:23 AM

Thanks for that info. I am a bit confused as I asked at IVA testing station and they said immediately, however DVLA issued road tax???

Just phoned DVLA, three years. Will be on the road very soon.

[Edited on 16/3/21 by shortcircuit]

CosKev3 - 16/3/21 at 09:30 AM

Yeah 3 years from registration like a new car.

You might find you can't tax it on line though in 12 months time,you will need to go to a post office and show V5.

Or get it MOTed

shortcircuit - 16/3/21 at 09:37 AM

Thanks very much for info. PO will be no problem

jester - 16/3/21 at 03:45 PM

As said above no Mot for 3 years 😃

Be careful not to change to much as it won't pass the Mot In. 3 years time

Taxing wise I found it easier to go to the post office but don't forget your paper work

I spoke to the person in side the post office & I said the online site could not find the car

They said they had the same problems with there new Honda so it shows it's not just kitcars

It happens to 🤣

Much easier in person anyway

rf900rush - 16/3/21 at 07:33 PM

I MOT'ed my car at the first year by mistake.

Turn out not to be a mistake. They found a issue that could of been bad, a poor steering column joint.

having some on else give it a once over may be worth doing.

shortcircuit - 16/3/21 at 07:35 PM

Thanks, I appreciate that advice.

nickm - 17/3/21 at 07:53 PM

Hi
If you ask DVLA they will say one year after IVA, i asked them but that was after 2 years as i assumed the same as other posters (3 years) thats why the computor wont allow you to tax it online (no MOT certificate). I did get it taxed one year after IVA because the post office dont know the rules and they arent written down anywhere hence why i asked the question.

Nick M