Board logo

The F1-2 bodywork finished!
nitram38 - 6/2/08 at 01:59 PM

Just got the panels back on today.
Not happy with my painter as he removed all of my dzus fasteners (told him not too) and caused me no end of hassle!
All I have left to do is a small lexan wind deflector for around the cockpit scuttle (about 25mm sticking up).
I will probably try and sell the car this year as I want to try and focus on the Motaleira, but I may just enjoy driving it a little more now I know it looks better.

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

[Edited on 6/2/2008 by nitram38]

Mr Whippy - 6/2/08 at 02:02 PM

simply superb, what a transformation bet your well chuffed.

tegwin - 6/2/08 at 02:04 PM

Wow...thats quite an improvment...

I think it would improve the looks threefold if you were to prehaps get some different headlights...

Someone on here had some small squashed oval shaped ones fitted to their car and they looked the dogs...

nitram38 - 6/2/08 at 02:12 PM

On the old set-up I used to be able to fold the lights into the nose, but now I have the F3 nose on it, they won't fit
They can still be unbolted and un-plugged and stowed if I do a track day though

Mr Whippy - 6/2/08 at 02:14 PM

instead how about a set of projector lights on stalks up on the air intake? I think that would look well cool & you'd have the road well lit up over dips.

[Edited on 6/2/08 by Mr Whippy]

nitram38 - 6/2/08 at 02:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
instead how about a set of projector lights on stalks up on the air intake? I think that would look well cool & you'd have the road well lit up over dips.

The airbox comes off to reveal the passenger seat...........

Mr Whippy - 6/2/08 at 02:28 PM

But the top of your seat doesn't, mount it to that, oh well it might dazzle drivers behind in the mirror. Anyway it's what I have been toying with for my project. I've seen some really cool twin headlights in my bike catalogue for just that location.

worX - 6/2/08 at 02:58 PM

How about making something to allow the lights to fall down flat?

Steve

James - 6/2/08 at 03:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tegwin

Someone on here had some small squashed oval shaped ones fitted to their car and they looked the dogs...

Looks really good mate.

It was someone with an Indy who had those cool lights....

Maybe Macspeedy? My mind's clearly gone!

Cheers,
James

speedyxjs - 6/2/08 at 03:28 PM

That looks much better
Nice work

welderman - 6/2/08 at 03:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
That looks much better
Nice work

upload/2_t.jpg